BEST WESTERN San Marcos
917 N I 35, San Marcos, TX 78666-7036
Phone: 512/754-7557 | Fax: 512/754-7550 | 50 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Students, faculty and staff of Texas State University call our San Marcos, TX hotel their home away from home when visiting for graduation, move-in weekend or other special events.
However, other guests at our hotel in San Marcos, TX are here for the excitement of the Formula One Racetrack. The Premium Outlet in Tanger is another big draw, and shoppers looking for deals come from around the region. For outdoor enthusiasts, the San Marcos River is a haven for canoeing, swimming, kayaking, boating and fishing. There's truly something for every traveler here.
Enjoy an adjoining room at our San Marcos hotel, ideal for groups or families. There are 32-inch televisions with HBO® in each room for your comfort. Each of our staff members reveres southern hospitality and wants you to feel right at home when staying with us. We're centrally located, convenient, and offer amenities like luxury bedding and spacious rooms.
Close to the outlet mall, our San Marcos hotel regularly hosts bargain shoppers. However, other guests prefer the peace and quiet of Aquarena Springs. From river rafting to relaxing, guests at our hotel can count on us to provide clean, well-appointed rooms after a day of exploration. We're also a popular choice for business travelers.
If you're in town for work, you need to be able to quickly commute and take care of business. Some regular guests at our San Marcos hotel are employees of H-E-B Grocery Co., the Central Texas Medical Center and Texas State University. The National Guard is also located nearby, and we're proud to host service men and women from around the country.
From business to leisure, our San Marcos hotel is all about serving you. Expect a warm welcome, fantastic rooms and an unbeatable location.
Book a quiet BEST WESTERN San Marcos room today and start planning a memorable trip!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Free continental breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, eggs, yogurt, juice, coffee, and hot items. Served from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. daily.
- Complimentary breakfast
- Outdoor pool
- Multilingual staff
- Safe deposit box
- Guest laundry
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Fax services
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check in, for BWR guests
- Express check out
- Late check out, upon request for BWR guests
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; free in-room wireless Internet access; free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business Center
- Printer available
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee per page
- Mail services
- Air-conditioning, in public areas
BEST WESTERN San Marcos
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western san marcos in San Marcos.
BEST WESTERN San Marcos
Conveniently located, the best western san marcos in San Marcos, Texas is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 29.880845 / Latitude: -97.925225
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north. Traveling on Interstate 35 southbound, take Exit 205 to the BEST WESTERN San Marcos.
From: The south. Traveling on Interstate 35 northbound, take Exit 205 and make a U-turn. Just ahead is the BEST WESTERN San Marcos.
From: Highway 80 & 21. Go under Interstate 35 and make a left turn. Just ahead is the BEST WESTERN San Marcos.
From: Rural Route 12. Go to Interstate 35 and turn right onto the service road. Just ahead is the BEST WESTERN San Marcos.
BEST WESTERN San Marcos
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Set in the Live Music Capital of the World, the South By Southwest Music Conference & Festival is an annual event at the Austin Convention Center in Austin. Over the years, the increased interest in film and tech companies influenced the festival, adding additional components to the mix.
More than 30,000 registrants are expected to attend the live music performances, plus film and tech events. The four-day Trade Show gives visitors an opportunity to meet and talk to leaders in the music, technology, and film industries.
The Block Party and SXsaloon are just some of the many venues. Check out the Next Stage, where panelists, comedians, musicians, and filmmakers show a sample of what's to expect during SXSWeek. Schedule plenty of time to attend the variety of events in this premier Austin event.
Aerial of TSU
Established in 1889 as the Southwest Texas State Normal School, Texas State University is located in San Marcos in the southern plains. The university's 34,000 students pursue undergraduate and post-graduate degrees from the university's nine academic colleges in 50 departments.
In 1903, the first 303 students were enrolled to study teaching in the Old Main building, the first building constructed and included on the National Register of Historic Places.
In 1965, Lyndon B. Johnson graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree and a teaching certificate. Throughout the years, the university has expanded to encompass 457 acres.
The Texas State Bobcats soon compete in the Western Athletic Conference in a variety of sports. Visit the beautiful campus to walk through the Quad, the center of campus to view the 17-foot "Fighting Stallions" sculpture.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 2.00 mile(s) from Main Street San Marcos
- 2.00 mile(s) from Rio Vista Park, tubing and water activities
- 2.00 mile(s) from Playscape!, Children's Park
- 2.00 mile(s) from Calaboose Museum of African American History
- 2.00 mile(s) from Aquarena Center
- 3.00 mile(s) from Central Texas Medical Center
- 16.00 mile(s) from Schlitterbhan Water Park
- 22.00 mile(s) from Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
- 25.00 mile(s) from Austin Convention Center
- 30.00 mile(s) from Natural Bridge Caverns
- 32.00 mile(s) from Retama Race Track
- 45.00 mile(s) from San Antonio Zoo
- 4.00 mile(s) from Prime Factory Outlets
- 4.00 mile(s) from Tanger Factory Outlets
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 15.00 mile(s) from New Braunfels
- 16.00 mile(s) from Historic Gruene
- 18.00 mile(s) from Wimberley
- 20.00 mile(s) from Austin
- 25.00 mile(s) from San Antonio
- 3.00 mile(s) from McCoy's Building Supplies, Headquarters
- 5.00 mile(s) from Berry Aviation
- 2.00 mile(s) from Texas State University, San Marcos
- 32.00 mile(s) from Texas University, Austin
- 122 mile(s) from Texas A&M University, College Station
- 170 mile(s) from University of Houston, Houston
- 173 mile(s) from Sam Houston State University, Huntsville
- 254 mile(s) from University of North Texas, Denton
- 269 mile(s) from Stephen F. Austin State, Nacogdoches
- 415 mile(s) from Texas Tech University, Lubbock
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- 1.00 mile(s) from playground
- 1.00 mile(s) from tennis
- 2.00 mile(s) from game rooms/video games
- 2.00 mile(s) from night clubs
- 2.00 mile(s) from racquetball courts
- 2.00 mile(s) from scuba diving
- 3.00 mile(s) from golf course
- 4.00 mile(s) from health/fitness center
- 20.00 mile(s) from fishing
- 20.00 mile(s) from rafting
- 20.00 mile(s) from water skiing
- 0.50 mile(s) from McDonalds®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Herbert's Taco Hut, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Papa John's Pizza, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Burger King, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Chili's, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from IHOP, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Luby's Cafeteria, buffet, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.50 mile(s) from Arby's, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.50 mile(s) from Bikini's, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Carino's, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Logan's Roadhouse, full service, steak house, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Mamacitas Restaurant, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.50 mile(s) from Starbucks®, cafe, American, open for: breakfast, lunch
- 3.00 mile(s) from Red Lobster, full service, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3.00 mile(s) from Texas Roadhouse, full service, steak house, open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.00 mile(s) from Outback Steakhouse, full service, steak house, open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.00 mile(s) from Saltgrass Steakhouse, full service, steak house, open for: lunch, dinner
BEST WESTERN San Marcos
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near San Marcos. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 Mini Maker Faire
A unique event featuring vendors ranging from "artisans to inventors to educators to entertainers," held at the New Braunfels Convention Center in New Braunfels. The event begins at 10 a.m.
2015 Alamo City Comic Con
Fans of all things sci-fi, supernatural, and super hero related won't want to miss this event, featuring celebrity appearances, panels, unique collectibles, and so much more. The ACCC is held at Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center.
2015 Brews & Blooms
Delicious, handcrafted brews alongside live music and food trucks – all set within the San Antonio Botanical Garden. The event begins at 6:30 p.m.
2015 Labor Day Arts & Crafts Show
Shop for unique gifts and handmade goods of all kinds while exploring the famous San Antonio River Walk during this four-day festival. The event begins at 11 a.m.
2015 Fall Music Festival
A three-day music festival held at Quiet Valley Ranch in Kerrville featuring not only a collection of great songwriters, but also wine-maker booths, food vendors, and other festival-type attractions. The event start time is TBA.
2015 River Walk Halloween Fest
A fun-filled Halloween party set on the River Walk, featuring live music, a costume river parade, a costume contest, and tons of food and beverages. The spooky fun begins at 6 p.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean