BEST WESTERN PLUS Waco North
1502 Interstate 35 N, Bellmead, TX 76705-2467
Phone: 254/799-1766 | Fax: 254/799-1702 | 63 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to BEST WESTERN PLUS Waco North! This Waco, TX hotel located in the heart of central Texas on I-35 give guest’s premium access to the region’s top destinations while staying and ensures travelers enjoy top quality amenities and service all at a competitive price.
Hotels near Waco Regional Airport are ideal for frequent travelers or those who need to catch a quick connecting flight. Conveniently located on I-35 near Baylor and downtown Waco, the most popular destinations in town are always just a short drive away. Newly renovated to a BEST WESTERN PLUS® in 2013, this hotel in Waco, TX promises plush amenities to guests who want a little something extra with their stay.
Just 3.5 miles north of the new McLane Stadium, home of Baylor Football, our staff members are happy to welcome teams and fans alike with blocked rooms and the best rates in town. Hotels near Baylor University are popular year-round, whether guests are here for a special event like a game or need a comfortable place to stay for a full term. Students, their families, sports teams and professors alike depend on our property to be a homey stay that’s easily commutable to the campus.
When searching for hotels near Waco Convention Center, business travelers prefer this property because of the great location and business-friendly amenities. Employees of Coca-Cola and L-3 Communications are frequent guests at this Bellmead hotel. Whether it’s a meeting with Pilgrim’s Pride or a tractor supply convention, where you stay can make a big difference on the success of the trip.
The Texas Sports Hall of Fame is a must-see, and a relaxing afternoon at Dubl R Fields at River Bend Park is a great stop for any traveler. We also welcome fans and players for the Starburst Jr. Golf Tournament annually. Conveniently located on I-35, clean and comfortable with superior customer service, you’ll feel right at home at this Waco hotel, whether it’s a day on the greens or the game of the year that brings you here.
Each extra-large guest room offers all of the amenities that make a difference while traveling including cable television with HBO®, free high-speed Internet access, microwave and fridge. Guests of this Waco hotel will enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast as well as the hotel's outdoor swimming pool, business center and fitness center. Additional amenities include a complimentary newspaper, guest laundry and free parking.
Reserve a room at BEST WESTERN PLUS Waco North today and save!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast
- Outdoor pool
- Exercise facility open from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Universal gym
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Guest laundry, available 24-hours for a nominal fee
- Safe deposit box
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless Internet access
- Business center, complimentary open 24-hours
- Fax services
- Photocopy services
- Dataports, wireless
- Meeting facilities, business meeting only, can seat up to 30 people conference style.
- Convenience store/Sundry
- Physically challenged services
- Physically challenged facilities
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- High-speed Internet
BEST WESTERN PLUS Waco North
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus waco north in Bellmead.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Waco North
Conveniently located, the best western plus waco north in Bellmead, Texas is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 31.596785 / Latitude: -97.109735
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: I-35 Southbound. Take Exit 338B (Behrens Circle) stay on frontage road, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Waco North is a quarter of a mile on the right.
From: I-35 Northbound. Take Exit 339 (Lake Shore Drive/Loop 340) make a u-turn and stay on southbound frontage road, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Waco North is a quarter of a mile on the right.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Waco North
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Located in Waco, Baylor University was established in 1845, making it one of the oldest Texas higher-education schools. This private Christian-based university encompasses 735 acres, along the Brazos River, in the Hill Country area of Texas near Bellmead.
This liberal arts university educates over 14,000 students pursuing bachelors, masters and doctorate degrees, in its ten colleges and schools. Baylor University is the only private university in the Big 12 Athletic Conference and its athletes have the highest graduation rate among the Big 12 members.
Whether cheering on the Baylor Bears during a basketball, baseball, football or soccer game, you'll have a great day on campus. Make time for a campus tour to view the historic buildings and the Statute of Judge Baylor. Be sure to visit the Bill & Eva Williams Bear Habitat, home to the Baylor University mascots, two live American black bears.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 2.90 mile(s) from Cameron Park Zoo, opened its new Asian forest exhibit in the summer of 2009. Built as a ruined Asian temple, the exhibit features endangered orangutans and a Komodo Dragon. This natural habitat zoo also offers a herpetarium, African savanna, Brazos River Country exhibit, aquarium, gift shop and cafes.
- 3.50 mile(s) from Texas Sports Hall of Fame, the museum includes the Texas Sports Hall of Fame, Texas Tennis Hall of Fame, the Texas High School Football Hall of Fame, and the new Southwest Conference exhibit. Texas greats such as Nolan Ryan, Tom Landry, Babe Didrickson and many others are featured.
- 3.60 mile(s) from Masonic Grand Lodge, is located in downtown Waco, a beautiful building that highlights the accomplishments and ideals of freemasonry. It includes both a library and a museum featuring historic artifacts of famous Texas masons.
- 3.70 mile(s) from Texas Ranger Hall of Fame, is the official state hall of fame for the Texas Rangers Law Enforcement Agency. Exhibits feature the history and equipment of the Texas Ranger from wild west days to the present.
- 3.80 mile(s) from Mayborn Museum Complex, located on the Baylor University campus, this museum features a natural science and cultural history museum focusing on Central Texas with walk-in dioramas including one on the Waco Mammoth Site, and exploration stations for geology, paleontology, archeology, and natural history. In addition to the Natural History exhibits, there are seventeen themed discovery rooms which encourage hands-on learning for all ages.
- 3.90 mile(s) from Dr. Pepper Museum, located in the original 1885 bottling plant, the Dr. Pepper Museum celebrates the history of Dr. Pepper as well as the soft drink industry. Includes a gift shop, working soda fountain, and theater.
- 5.10 mile(s) from The Art Center of Waco, since its inception in 1972, Art Center Waco has been a training ground for many new artists, as well as a showcase for the works of more established artists.
- 5.30 mile(s) from Balcones Distillery, is Texas' only distillery making corn spirits.
- 7.00 mile(s) from Homestead Heritage Traditional Crafts Village, this 510-acre Christian agricultural settlement, located a few miles outside Waco, offers fine handmade furniture and crafts for sale, demonstrations of traditional crafts such as pottery, blacksmithing, and stone grinding. The deli features homemade foods and is open for lunch.
- 0.50 mile(s) from Walmart®, retail
- 1.00 mile(s) from Sam's Club, retail
- 1.00 mile(s) from Home Depot, retail
- 8.00 mile(s) from Lowe's, retail
- 9.00 mile(s) from Central Texas Marketplace, Best Buy, Belk, Kohl's, Marshalls, Old Navy, Ross, Ashley Furniture, Sports Authority, Petco and much more.
- 12.00 mile(s) from Richland Mall, Dillard's, Sears, JCPenney, Bealls, Bath & Body Works, Footlocker, Express and over 100 specialty stores and food court.
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 30.00 mile(s) from Hillsboro
- 35.00 mile(s) from Temple
- 90.00 mile(s) from Dallas
- 90.00 mile(s) from Fort Worth
- 90.00 mile(s) from Bryant / College Station
- 100 mile(s) from Austin
- 180 mile(s) from Houston
- 185 mile(s) from San Antonio
- 5.00 mile(s) from L3 Platform Integration Division, aircraft modification
- 5.00 mile(s) from Dr. Pepper Bottling Company, beverages
- 10.00 mile(s) from Tractor Supply Company, distribution
- 11.00 mile(s) from HOLT CAT®, equipment distribution
- 12.00 mile(s) from Mars Chocolate North America, food products
- 12.00 mile(s) from Coca-Cola®, softdrink manufacturing
- 4.00 mile(s) from Baylor University
- 5.00 mile(s) from Texas State Technical College
- 7.00 mile(s) from McLennan Community College
- 90.00 mile(s) from Texas A&M
- 100 mile(s) from University of Texas
- 100 mile(s) from Texas Christian University
- 105 mile(s) from Southern Methodist University
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- 2.90 mile(s) from Cameron Park, a gift of the William Cameron family, the 416-acre Cameron Park has delighted Wacoans and visitors since the early 1900's. The park hosts picnickers, hikers, joggers, equestrians and mountain bikers. Triathlons, mountain bike races, and other events are held annually at the park.
- 4.50 mile(s) from Miss Nellie's Pretty Place, fountains and walking trails
- 5.50 mile(s) from Waco Regional Tennis & Fitness, tennis courts, gym, meeting rooms
- 5.60 mile(s) from Hawaiian Falls Waterpark
- 5.80 mile(s) from South Waco Recreation Center, community center, playgrounds, meeting rooms, gym, pavilions.
- 7.60 mile(s) from Cottonwood Creek Golf Course, 18-hole golf course, junior course, putting green, driving range, and pro-shop.
- 9.50 mile(s) from YMCA
- 1.00 mile(s) from Whataburger, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Starbucks®, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.20 mile(s) from Wingstop, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.20 mile(s) from Heitmiller Steak House, full service, steak house, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.20 mile(s) from Cracker Barrel, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.30 mile(s) from McDonald's®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.30 mile(s) from Taco Bell®, fast food, Mexican, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 2.80 mile(s) from Buzzard Billy's, full service, seafood, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 3.50 mile(s) from IHOP, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 3.80 mile(s) from Panda Express, full service, Chinese, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 3.90 mile(s) from Ninfa's, full service, Mexican, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 3.90 mile(s) from Crickets Bar & Grill, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 4.60 mile(s) from George's, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 5.20 mile(s) from The Elite Cafe, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 5.60 mile(s) from Texas Roadhouse, full service, steak house, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 5.60 mile(s) from Health Camp, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 7.50 mile(s) from Freebirds World Burrito, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 7.80 mile(s) from Five Guys Burgers and Fries, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 7.90 mile(s) from On The Border, full service, Mexican, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 8.60 mile(s) from Johnny Carino's, full service, Italian, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 8.60 mile(s) from BJ's Restaurant, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 8.70 mile(s) from Olive Garden, full service, Italian, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 8.70 mile(s) from Chuy's Mexican Restaurant, full service, Mexican, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 8.70 mile(s) from Red Lobster, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 13.70 mile(s) from One Thirty Five Prime, bar/lounge, steak house, open for: dinner
BEST WESTERN PLUS Waco North
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Bellmead. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
One of the most unique bands of the 1980s comes to the Austin360 Amphitheater for a night of progressive rock. The show begins at 8 p.m.
The 24th Annual LakeFest is held at Lake Lyndon B. Johnson just northwest of the Austin area near Marble Falls. Lake LBJ becomes a quarter-mile course for drag boat racing. Johnson Park also features food, games, and entertainment.
2015 Formula 1 United States Grand Prix
Racers from all over the world compete at the Circuit of The Americas in Austin during the 17th race of the F1 world championship.
2015 Austin City Limits Music Festival
Music fans of all genres won't want to miss the Austin City Limits Music Festival held annually at Zilker Park in Austin. The festival is held over two weekends, with start times varying by day.
2015 Austin Film Festival
The 2015 Austin Film Festival is an annual conference held in Austin. The 2015 AFF offers new, feature-length films like Growing Up Baumbach: A Tribute to Noah Baumbach’s 20 Years in Film – plus special events, seminars, and more.
2016 World's Largest Rattlesnake Roundup
Set in Sweetwater, the 2016 World's Largest Rattlesnake Roundup offers everything from a rattlesnake parade and carnival to dancing in the Jaycee Barn, the Sweetwater Rifle & Pistol Club Gun, Knife & Coin Show, a beard contest, and more. Held at the Nolan County Coliseum.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean