BEST WESTERN PLUS San Antonio East Inn & Suites
8669 E IH-10, San Antonio, TX 78109
Phone: 210/661-8669 | Fax: 210/661-8671 | 67 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Conveniently located on Interstate 10 in central Texas, the BEST WESTERN PLUS San Antonio East Inn & Suites is a newly built hotel located less than ten miles from the infamous Alamo, Riverwalk, the Alamo Dome, and an array of shops and highly recommended restaurants. The AT&T Center, home of the San Antonio Spurs, is only five miles away.
Guests staying at the BEST WESTERN PLUS San Antonio East Inn & Suites will be able to visit the San Antonio Botanical Gardens and the Fort Sam Houston Museum, both of which are only fifteen minutes away. Families visiting the area can enjoy a day at the Splashtown San Antonio Water Park, the San Antonio Zoo, SeaWorld® San Antonio, and the Natural Bridge Caverns all about twenty to thirty minutes from the hotel. Corporate travelers will appreciate the hotel's close proximity to Lockheed Martin, the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center and Randolph Air Force Base.
This San Antonio area hotel offers a wide selection of room types including kitchenettes and suites. Each well-appointed guest room features a microwave, refrigerator, 32-inch LCD television, cable television and free high-speed Internet access. Start the morning off by visiting our complimentary full hot breakfast bar before taking advantage of other hotel amenities including an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, exercise facility, business service center.
Our devoted, helpful staff at the BEST WESTERN PLUS San Antonio East Inn & Suites is eager to create an entertaining, memorable stay in San Antonio, Texas. Make a reservation today and save!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee
- Outdoor pool
- Hot tub
- Exercise facility, open from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Weight lifting equipment
- Universal gym
- Rowing machine
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff, (English, Spanish)
- Guest laundry, washer & dryer, detergent available at front desk, nominal fee
- Dry cleaning, same day service available.
- Late check out, ask front desk
- Cable or satellite television DirecTV
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy services
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Video conferencing
- Meeting facilities
- Banquet facilities
- Conference facilities
- Hearing impaired services, ADA kits available at front desk
- Physically challenged facilities
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Free high-speed wired and wireless Internet access
- Complimentary newspaper at front desk
- ADA kits available at front desk
- Technical concierge available
- Convenience store/Sundry
- Gift shop or newsstand Souvenir gift items available
BEST WESTERN PLUS San Antonio East Inn & Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus san antonio east inn & suites in San Antonio.
BEST WESTERN PLUS San Antonio East Inn & Suites
Conveniently located, the best western plus san antonio east inn & suites in San Antonio, Texas is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 29.458811 / Latitude: -98.320488
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The east (Houston). Take Interstate 10 West towards San Antonio. Take Exit 585, continue straight at crossroads. BEST WESTERN PLUS San Antonio East Inn & Suites is on your right on the service road.
From: The west (El Paso). Take Interstate 10 East towards Houston. Take Exit 585. Make a U-Turn at the intersection. BEST WESTERN PLUS San Antonio East Inn & Suites is on your right on the service road.
From: The north (Austin). Take Interstate 35 South towards San Antonio. Exit 172, Anderson Loop 1604 South. Take Interstate 10 West towards San Antonio. Take Exit 585, continue straight at crossroads. BEST WESTERN PLUS San Antonio East Inn & Suites is on your right on the service road.
From: The south (Laredo). Take Interstate 35 North towards San Antonio. Exit 145A, Anderson Loop 410E and continue on 410NE. Exit 33, Interstate 10 West towards Houston. Take Exit 585, Make a U-Turn at the intersection. BEST WESTERN PLUS San Antonio East Inn & Suites is on your right on the service road.
From: The south -Corpus Christi. Take Interstate 37 North towards San Antonio. Exit 145A, Anderson Loop 410E and continue on 410NE. Exit 33, Interstate 10 West towards Houston. Take Exit 585. Make a U-Turn at intersection. BEST WESTERN PLUS San Antonio East Inn & Suites is on your right on the service road.
BEST WESTERN PLUS San Antonio East Inn & Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Officially Camp Bullis Military Training Reservation, Camp Bullis is set in the southern plains of Texas, just north of San Antonio. Established in 1917 and named for Brigadier General John Lapham Bullis, the 28,000-acre site of controlled by the U.S. Air Force.
JBSA-Bullis acts as a maneuvering ground for the Army, Air Force, and Marines. Camp Bullis is also a field-training site for Fort Sam Houston’s Brooke Army Medical Center. Along with Camp Stanley, Bullis is part of the Leon Springs Military Reservation.
Featuring over 100 events, the 11-day Fiesta celebration is the largest festival on the San Antonio calendar. Held annually throughout the San Antonio metropolitan area, the festivities take place in Alamo City spots like the La Villita Historic Arts Village, the River Walk, and – of course – the Alamo.
Established in 1891, the historic Fiesta event offers three massive parades like the Battle of Flowers Parade and the Fiesta Flambeau Parade, plus live music, great food, and carnival setting throughout SA.
Fort Sam Houston Quadrangle
Named after the first president of the Republic of Texas, Fort Sam Houston was built in 1876 near San Antonio.
The Fort Sam Houston Quadrangle, the oldest structure at this United States Army Post, housed Geronimo and his fellow Apaches. The fort has served as the headquarters for the United States Army North, the United States Army South, and the Medical Education & Training Campus.
Former President Dwight D. Eisenhower was posted twice at the fort from 1915 to 1917 and again in 1941, during the attack on Pearl Harbor. He met his spouse Mamie Dowd at the fort.
Their first home together is housed at the fort and is one of the fort's preserved historic monuments. Enjoy touring Fort Sam to learn more about its history and San Antonio.
Set along Interstate 37, the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center – known also as the San Antonio Convention Center. Located in downtown San Antonio along the River Walk, the convention center encompasses 1,300,000 square feet.
A venue for more than 300 San Antonio events per year, the Gonzalez Convention Center includes the meeting spaces, ballrooms, and exhibit floors – plus the 2,500-seat Lila Cockrell Theatre. Find the facility by the iconic Tower of the Americas in HemisFair Park, just south of the Alamo.
Located in HemisFair Park, the Institute of Texan Cultures is a cultural museum operated by the University of Texas at San Antonio. The ITC covers 182,000 square feet, and features a 65,000-square-foot exhibit space.
Host to the annual Texas Folklife Festival, ITC is a member of the Smithsonian Affiliates program. Established in 1968 in downtown San Antonio, ITC draws more than 200,000 annual visitors.
On your next trek through Texas, head for the San Antonio area and find some of the very best family-friendly fun in the state. Venture over to Kiddie Park, one of the premier amusement parks in San Antonio. Opened in 1925, Kiddie Park is on the northwest corner of Mulberry Avenue and Broadway Street.
At Kiddie Park, you'll find a variety of theme park rides, all ideal for little kids. You can host a party or corporate event at Kiddie Park, and there's also the Kiddie Park Snack Bar where you and the kids can indulge. Kiddie Park is the oldest chilren's amusement park in the entire United States.
First established in 1939, the La Villita Historic Arts Village is a visitor-friendly arts district located in downtown San Antonio. Southern Texas travelers may explore this early neighborhood for shopping, restaurants, festivals, and more.
La Villita features the Arneson River Theatre on the River Walk, and hosts annual events like the Dia de los Muertos, the International Accordion Festival, and Fiesta. First time visitors are encouraged to try the La Villita Walking Tour.
Part of Joint Base San Antonio, Lackland Air Force Base is located in San Antonio in the southern Texas Plains. Established in 1941,Lackland AF B is controlled by the United States Air Force, and offers basic and technical training.
Part of Air Education and Training Command, Lackland AFB features units like the 37th Training Wing, the Inter-American Air Forces Academy, and the Defense Language Institute. Lackland is also home to the Military Working Dog Teams National Monument and the Basic Military Training graduation parade.
With expansive fairways, selectively placed bunkers, and stunning views of the Texas plains, Mission Del Lago Golf Course is a premier destination. One of San Antonion's top golf courses, Mission Del Lago is 18 holes, and is part of the Alamo City Golf Trail.
Whether you're staying in San Antonio propper, or visiting in from any of the charming, nearby suburbs like Lytle or Schertz, you'll find some of the best local golf at Mission Del Lago Golf Course. Yielding stunnging views of Mitchell Lake, Mission Del Lago Golf Course has a driving range and a practice green so you can warm up before your tee time.
An ideal place to spend a spring or summer afternoon, Morgan's Wonderland Park is a premier family destination in San Antonio. Plan your next visit to Texas and be sure to include a stay in the San Antonio area. Morgan's Wonderland Park is just one of the many exemplary attractions in the area.
Opened in 2010, Morgan's Wonderland is a unique experience, to say the least. While the park features a wide range of themed rides, they also take special care to ensure that all members of the family can enjoy their time – in particular, those with special needs. Don't miss the Pirate Island Playground & Garden.
For more than 100 years, baseball fans in San Antonio have been cheering on the San Antonio Missions, a minor league team. The Missions, an AA affiliate of the San Diego Padres, have played Nelson W. Wolff Municipal Stadium, since it was constructed in 1994.
The stadium is named after Nelson W. Wolff, a former Texas State Senator and former San Antonio Mayor. He currently serves as the Bexar County Judge. Located on the west side of San Antonio, The Wolff features fixed seats, luxury box seats, and a picnic area. The total capacity of the stadium is approximately 9,500 fans.
Get your tickets to a Missions game or a University of Texas at San Antonio Roadrunners baseball game for a fun day at the ballpark.
Part of the Joint Base San Antonio, Randolph Air Force Base is located in San Antonio in the southern Texas Plains. Established in 1930, Randolph AFB is controlled by the United States Air Force, and headquarters of the Air Education & Training Command.
Randolph AFB units include the 359th Medical Group, the 12th Flying Training Wing, and the 902d Mission Support Group. Randolph also features the Air Force Personnel Center, and the Randolph Field Historic District – a National Historic Landmark.
The only brewstillery in Texas, the Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling is a combination brewpub and distillery set in San Antonio. Beers include Mission Trail Ale, Oatmeal Pale Ale, Mesquite Smoked Porter, and La Bestia Aimable, or try some handcrafted Texas Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
Set in northern San Antonio just east of the San Antonio International Airport, the Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling is a great stop during your tour of Texas Hilly Country breweries – and surrounded by plenty of Best Western hotels in San Antonio.
South Texas’ first distillery, Rebecca Creek Distillery is a privately held “Spirited Texas Distillery” located in San Antonio. This southern Texas, traditional copper pot distillery is home to two impressive spirits: Enchanted Rock Vodka and Rebecca Creek Fine Texas Spirit Whiskey.
Rebecca Creek Distillery also features free public tours, held on Saturdays from noon to 5 p.m. with no appointment necessary. Enjoy your day at the Rebecca Creek Distillery, and your night at a Best Western hotel in San Antonio.
Established in 1941 in north San Antonio, San Antonio International Airport encompasses 1,200 acres. The San Antonio airport has two commercial runways, in addition to the one general aviation runway. The airport averages 260 domestic and international arrivals and departures each day via 27 gates and 13 commercial airlines.
The free cell phone waiting lot, convenient parking, rental car agencies, the GO Airport Shuttle, and variety of restaurants and shops are just some airport amenities.
Alamo Field and was a training base for the United States Army Air Forces during World War II. At the completion of the war, the airfield added a terminal, baggage claim area, and control tower. By 1968, a concourse was added with eight gates in preparation for HemisFair '68. Continual improvement throughout the years included an additional terminal, parking garage, and new control tower.
San Antonio Missions National Historical Park
History buffs discover so much in San Antonio – as five historical missions are located in San Antonio. The San Antonio Missions National Historical Park, managed by the National Park Service since 1983, preserves four of the Spanish frontier missions.
The missions were built along the San Antonio River, between 1690 and 1720 to promote Christianity to the native settlers. The State of Texas operates the most famous and fifth mission, The Alamo.
The four missions included in the park are: Mision Nuestra Senora de la Purisima Concepcion de Acuna, also known as Mission Concepcion, Mission Espada, Mission San Jose and Mission San Juan Capistrano.
The Archdiocese of San Antonio continues to operate regular catholic services in these missions. While in the park, also visit the Espada Aqueduct and the Ethel Wilson Harris House. Stop by the visitor center to get more information and sign up for a guided tour.
The San Antonio River Walk, started as a simple botanic garden along the San Antonio River in 1956. Through the years, improvements were made and the public park grew to become a five-mile stretch of restaurants, shops, and attractions.
River Walk is now one of the top tourist attractions in Texas, and hosts several events all year long. Visit this area attraction for an enjoyable day at the park or a fun night out.
The Rivercenter Mall, the San Antonio Museum of Art, Arneson River Theatre, and Pearl Brewery are all favorite stops along the River Walk.
Schedule your visit to attend one of the annual festive events, such as Mardi Gras River Parade, or the St. Patrick's Parade & Festival.
SeaWorld San Antonio is a popular family attraction in River City. Schedule plenty of time in San Antonio to see all of the wonderful animal exhibits, shows and tours. Park favorites include Dolphin Cove, Penguin Encounter, Sharks and Coral Reef, Alligator Alley, the Azul Show, and the One Ocean Show.
Reserve a spot in one of the exclusive park experiences, such as the Behind-the-Scenes Tour and Dolphin Discovery Tour. Those ready for more adventure, love riding the Great White and Steel Eel roller coasters, Journey to Atlantis water ride, and the Rio Loco river ride. Kids love the Shamu Express kid-sized coaster.
A 200-acre fun-filled amusement park, Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio is ideal for the whole family. Kids love the Amerigoround, Buckarooz, Taz's Tornado, Kiddee Koaster, Texas Treehouse, and Yosemite Sam's Wacky Wagons. Thrill-seeking adults have a screaming good time on Superman: Krypton Coaster, Scream, Poltergeist, and Goliath – to name a few.
The summer-time White Water Bay water park is filled with tubular water slides, water funnels, and one of the largest wave pools in America. Throughout the season, a variety of park events and entertainment, featuring the Looney Tunes characters, complete your park visit in the San Antonio area.
The Alamo at Night
Established in 1724 in San Antonio, the famed Alamo was a home to missionaries for almost 70 years.
During the 1800s, the mission housed a Spanish military unit – becoming the living quarters for Revolutionaries and Royalists for 10 years.
During the Texas Revolution in 1836, Mexican military launched an attack on the Alamo. The Alamo is known as the "Shrine of Texas Liberty," for the sacrifice of the Texan soldiers.
During your San Antonio travels, be sure to visit the 4.2-acre Alamo complex to learn more about its rich 300-year history.
Stroll through the Shrine, Long Barrack Museum, the Gift Museum, and the beautiful Alamo Gardens.
The Republic Golf Course is a top golf destination in San Antonio. Consistently rated as the No.1 area course by the Express News, The Republic Golf Course is 18 holes, playing to 7,007 yards from the championship tees.
Plan your exploration of the San Antonio area and bring your clubs – 18 holes at The Republic Golf Course is the ideal day time activity for you and your friends, business partners, or family. The Republic Golf Course also hosts large scale events like reunions, weddings, and business conferences.
Covering 2.6 acres, Travis Park is located in downtown San Antonio between the River Walk and the Alamo. The public park is owned by the City of San Antonio, and operated by the River City’s Parks & Recreation Department.
Set at the corner of Navarro and Travis streets, the Travis Park is known for hosting annual Jazz'SAlive – a free outdoor jazz festival. The park is named for William Barret Travis, and the land was first settled in 1870.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 4 mile(s) from AT&T Center
- 4 mile(s) from Botanical Gardens
- 5 mile(s) from Fort Sam Houston Museum
- 5 mile(s) from Splashtown San Antonio
- 6 mile(s) from The Majestic Theatre
- 6 mile(s) from Alamo Historical Site
- 6 mile(s) from Retama Race Track
- 6 mile(s) from Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
- 6 mile(s) from AlamoDome
- 7 mile(s) from Missions Historic Park
- 7 mile(s) from San Antonio Museum of Art
- 8 mile(s) from Riverwalk
- 8 mile(s) from Institute of Texan Culture
- 8 mile(s) from Witte Museum
- 9 mile(s) from La Villita
- 9 mile(s) from Buckhorn Saloon & Museum
- 9 mile(s) from IMAX Theatre
- 9 mile(s) from San Antonio Zoo
- 9 mile(s) from Tower Of The Americas
- 9 mile(s) from Market Square
- 15 mile(s) from Natural Bridge Caverns
- 15 mile(s) from Six Flags Fiesta Texas
- 17 mile(s) from Sea World San Antonio
- 20.7 mile(s) from Malibu Castle
- 23 mile(s) from Schlitterbahn
- 5 mile(s) from The Forum
- 12.00 mile(s) from Rivercenter Mall
- 27.00 mile(s) from The Rim
- 18.00 mile(s) from Alamo Quarry Market
- 13.00 mile(s) from Rolling Oaks Mall
- 17.00 mile(s) from North Star Mall
- 22.00 mile(s) from Ingram Park Mall
- 12.00 mile(s) from Market Place Shopping Cen
- 22.00 mile(s) from Vineyard Shopping Center
- 15.00 mile(s) from South Park Mall
- 25.00 mile(s) from The Shops at La Cantera
- 30.00 mile(s) from Prime Outlets
- 30.00 mile(s) from Tanger® Outlets
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- Hot tub
- 6 mile(s) from The Republic Golf Club
- 6.9 mile(s) from Spectrum Athletic Clubs
- 7.6 mile(s) from Southside Lions
- 8.5 mile(s) from Retama Park
- 12.8 mile(s) from Alamo Golf Club
- 12.9 mile(s) from Click's Billiards
- 13.2 mile(s) from Howl At The Moon
- 13.5 mile(s) from San Antonio City Tours
- 15.3 mile(s) from Quarry Golf Course
- 15.4 mile(s) from Ancira Sports Park
- 19.4 mile(s) from Northwoods Ice Center
- 20.7 mile(s) from Country Lanes Bowling Alley
- 20.7 mile(s) from Malibu Castle
- 38.8 mile(s) from Canyon Lake
- Across the street from Church's Chicken®, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner.
- 2.40 mile(s) from Denny's®, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner. 24-hours.
- 3.00 mile(s) from McDonald's®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- 13.00 mile(s) from Texas Pride BBQ, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner.
- 2.80 mile(s) from Domino's®, fast food, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner.
- 2.80 mile(s) from Cici's® Pizza«, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner.
- 2.80 mile(s) from Starbucks®, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- 2.80 mile(s) from Chili's® Bar & Grill, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Red Lobster®, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Subway®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- 2.90 mile(s) from Henry's Mexican Restaurant, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Little Red Barn, full service, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner.
- 2.90 mile(s) from El Sabrosito, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner. American and Mexican food.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Panda Express®, fast food, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Bhavarian House, full service, German, open for: lunch, dinner.
- 3.90 mile(s) from Papa Dante's Italian, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Wing Stop®, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner.
- 7.00 mile(s) from Olive Garden®, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner.
- 7.00 mile(s) from Cracker Barrel®, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Old country style restaurant.
- 9.00 mile(s) from Tower of the Americas®, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner. Outstanding cuisine with the best view in San Antonio, a must for anyone visiting San Antonio. Visitors dine at the Tower's revolving restaurant or enjoy the scenery from the observation deck offering the most breathtaking view of the Alamo City.
- 9.00 mile(s) from Pesca on the River, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner. Reel in some of the area's freshest wild seafood at Pesca. Feast on clams and ceviche at the glass-and-stone oyster bar in the center of the restaurant, or try crab and asparagus soup or Prince Edward Island mussels with chorizo. Subtle flavors are coaxed out through roasting, steaming, and grilling; if you're looking for fried popcorn shrimp, go elsewhere. The nautically-themed space features a rooftop cafe and a 10-seat private dining room.
- 9.00 mile(s) from Biga, full service, International, open for: lunch, dinner. Asian/Southwest fusion of eclectic dishes to please the palate and stunning views to please the eyes.
- 9.00 mile(s) from The Iron Cactus, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner. Blends integral Mexican attributes with a progressive technique to create unique and flavorful dishes. Named one of the top ten tequila bars in the country featuring over 80 selections of tequila from Mexico and specialize in a variety of Margaritas and Tequila drinks unique to Texas.
- 9.00 mile(s) from Le Reve, full service, French, open for: lunch, dinner. French dream cuisine. Ranked the best restaurant in Texas boasting light, eclectic, inventive and refined dining.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Jack in the Box®, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner.
BEST WESTERN PLUS San Antonio East Inn & Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near San Antonio. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2016 Moe's Better Half Marathon
The Tanger Outlets in San Marcos host this annual race. Come for the race, stay for the great shopping. The race begins at 7 a.m.
2016 H-E-B Big League Weekend
A two-day MLB exhibition weekend held at the Alamodome in San Antonio, featuring the Kansas City Royals taking on the Texas Rangers. Get your tickets today, this will be a popular event.
2016 Fiesta San Antonio
One of the biggest events held in San Antonio, Fiesta features 100 events held at various venues throughout the city. Millions attend the festival each year, so check the schedule and plan your itinerary accordingly. More details are TBA.
2016 Valero Texas Open
Some of the PGA players make their way to TPC San Antonio to compete in this annual golf tournament. More details are TBA.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean