BEST WESTERN PLUS Hill Country Suites
18555 US Highway 281 N, San Antonio, TX 78258-7600
Phone: 210/490-9191 | Fax: 210/490-3465 | 77 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Escape to this San Antonio, Texas hotel offering suite accommodations with convenient access to Spine Hospital, Stone Oak Methodist Hospital, Pearson and the Riverwalk.
Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hill Country Suites where customer service is top priority and accommodations are comfortable and affordable. This hotel is nestled in one of San Antonio's newest residential and business districts and within walking distance from many local attractions, shopping and dining options. Guests staying at this San Antonio Best Western will enjoy well-appointed guest suites featuring cable satellite television with HBO®, microwave, refrigerator and free high-speed Internet access. Start the day off right with a complimentary full breakfast, refreshing dip in the outdoor swimming pool and hot tub or with a work out in the fully equipped exercise facility. After a long day, guests are welcome to take advantage of the manager's reception offering beer, wine and hors d'oeuvres Monday thru Thursday evenings. Guests traveling to San Antonio on business will also appreciate the variety of business services available on property including a full business center and meeting space with room accommodating up to 40 people.
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Hill Country Suites is where travelers want to be while visiting San Antonio. Spend a relaxing afternoon exploring all that the nearby Riverwalk has to offer, touring area museums like McNay Art Museum and the Guinness World Record Museum, catching a sporting event at the Virgil T. Blossom Athletic Center or enjoying some family fun at the San Antonio Zoo, Six Flags® Fiesta Texas and SeaWorld® of San Antonio. And no trip to San Antonio is complete with a visit to the historic Alamo. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Hill Country Suites is often the lodging choice for guests in town visiting family or friends at nearby Spine Hospital and Stone Oak Methodist Hospital. Traveling to San Antonio on business? Nearby Pearson, Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center and Valero Corporation makes conducting business from this Texas Best Western easy and convenient.
Make a reservation today and save at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hill Country Suites in San Antonio, Texas!!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice and coffee, 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Complimentary breakfast
- Outdoor pool 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Spa 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Exercise facility, 24-hour
- Multilingual staff (English, Spanish)
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning
- Safe deposit box
- Baggage hold
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Business center
- Fax services
- Photocopy services
- Hot tub 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Printer available
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Weight lifting equipment
- Photocopy machine
- Interior corridor
- Guest laundry, available 24-hours for a nominal fee
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms. All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless Internet access.
- Meeting facilities 720 square feet, maximum capacity 50 persons, wireless dataports available in meeting rooms
- Convenience store/Sundry
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Evening Reception, Monday through Thursday from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., beer, wine, snacks
- Complimentary newspaper
- Motor coach parking
- High-speed Internet access
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hill Country Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus hill country suites in San Antonio.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hill Country Suites
Conveniently located, the best western plus hill country suites in San Antonio, Texas is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 29.612235 / Latitude: -98.468245
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 35 South. Take Interstate 10 West. Take Highway 1604 North/East, and take Exit 281 North, stay on the service road and take the Sonterra Exit Ramp (immediate bridge-ramp on the right). Make two right turns at the bridge and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hill Country Suites is on the right side.
From: Interstate 35 North. Take Interstate 10 East. Take Highway 1604 West, and take Exit 281 North, stay on the service road and take the Sonterra Exit Ramp (immediate bridge-ramp on the right). Make two right turns at the bridge and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hill Country Suites is on the right side.
From: Downtown. The San Antonio International Airport or North Star Mall at loop 410. Take San Pedro/281 North and exit on Sonterra Exit ramp (immediate bridge-ramp on the right). Make two right turns at the bridge and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hill Country Suites is on the right side.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hill Country Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Fort Sam Houston, named after the first President of the Republic of Texas, was built in 1876 near San Antonio. The Fort Sam Houston Quadrangle, the oldest structure at this United States Army Post, housed Geronimo and his fellow Apaches. The fort has served as the headquarters for the United States Army North, the United States Army South and the Medical Education and Training Campus.
Former President Dwight D. Eisenhower was posted twice at the fort, from 1915 - 1917 and again in 1941, during the attack on Pearl Harbor. He met his spouse Mamie Dowd at the fort. Their first home together is housed at the fort and is one of the fort's preserved historic monuments. Enjoy touring Fort Sam to learn more about its history. While in the Central Texas, rest comfortably with Best Western hotels.
For more than 100 years, baseball fans in San Antonio have been cheering on the San Antonio Missions, a minor league team. The Missions, a AA affiliate of the San Diego Padres, have played their games in the Nelson W. Wolff Municipal Stadium, since it was constructed in 1994. The stadium is named after Nelson W. Wolff, a former Texas State Senator and former San Antonio Mayor. He currently serves as the Bexar County Judge.
Located on the west side of San Antonio, The Wolff features fixed seats, luxury box seats, a picnic area and a large high roof. The total capacity of the stadium is approximately 9,500. Get your tickets to a Missions game or a University of Texas at San Antonio Roadrunners baseball game, for a fun day at the ballpark. While in the Alamo City, check into one of the local Best Western hotels to enjoy comfortable accommodations and excellent guest services.
The only brewstillery in Texas, the Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling is a combination brewpub and distillery set in San Antonio. Beers include Mission Trail Ale, Oatmeal Pale Ale, Mesquite Smoked Porter, and La Bestia Aimable, or try some handcrafted Texas Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
Set in northern San Antonio just east of the San Antonio International Airport, the Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling is a great stop during your tour of Texas Hilly Country breweries – and surrounded by plenty of Best Western hotels in San Antonio.
South Texas’ first distillery, Rebecca Creek Distillery is a privately held “Spirited Texas Distillery” located in San Antonio. This southern Texas, traditional copper pot distillery is home to two impressive spirits: Enchanted Rock Vodka and Rebecca Creek Fine Texas Spirit Whiskey.
Rebecca Creek Distillery also features free public tours, held on Saturdays from noon to 5 p.m. with no appointment necessary. Enjoy your day at the Rebecca Creek Distillery, and your night at a Best Western hotel in San Antonio.
History buffs have a lot of discovering to do in San Antonio. Five historical missions are located in San Antonio. The San Antonio Missions National Historical Park, managed by the National Park Service since 1983, preserves four of the Spanish frontier missions. The missions were built along the San Antonio River, between 1690 and 1720 to promote Christianity to the native settlers. The State of Texas operates the most famous and fifth mission, The Alamo.
The four missions included in the park are: Mision Nuestra Senora de la Purisima Concepcion de Acuna, also known as Mission Concepcion, Mission Espada, Mission San Jose and Mission San Juan Capistrano. The Archdiocese of San Antonio continues to operate regular catholic services in these missions. While in the park, also visit the Espada Aqueduct and the Ethel Wilson Harris House. Stop by the visitor center to get more information and sign up for a guided tour. After a day of touring the park, choose one of the local Best Western hotels for comfortable accommodations.
The San Antonio River Walk, started as a simple botanic garden along the San Antonio River in 1956. Through the years, improvements were made and the public park grew to become a five-mile stretch of restaurants, shops and attractions. River Walk is now one of the top tourist attractions in Texas, and hosts several events all year long. Enjoy strolling along the walkways, while admiring the beautiful River.
Visit this Hill Country attraction for an enjoyable day at the park or a fun night out. The Rivercenter Mall, the San Antonio Museum of Art, Arneson River Theatre and Pearl Brewery are all favorite stops along the River Walk. Schedule your visit to attend one of the annual festive events, such as Mardi Gras River Parade or the St. Patrick's Parade & Festival. Kick up your feet at the end of the day in one of the area Best Western hotels, for an enjoyable night's rest.
SeaWorld San Antonio is a wonderful family attraction in San Antonio. Schedule plenty of time to see all of the wonderful animal exhibits, shows and tours. Park favorites include Dolphin Cove, Penguin Encounter, Sharks and Coral Reef, Alligator Alley, the Azul Show and the One Ocean Show.
Reserve a spot in one of the exclusive park experiences, such as the Behind-the-Scenes Tour and Dolphin Discovery Tour. Those ready for more adventure, love riding the Great White and Steel Eel roller coasters, Journey to Atlantis water ride and the Rio Loco river ride. Kids love the Shamu Express kid-sized coaster. While visiting Central Texas, rest comfortably as a guest of Best Western hotels.
Six Flags Fiesta Texas, in San Antonio, is a 200-acre fun-filled amusement park for the whole family. Kids love the Amerigoround, Buckarooz, Taz's Tornado, Kiddee Koaster, Texas Treehouse and Yosemite Sam's Wacky Wagons. Thrill-seeking adults have a scream of a time on the Superman: Krypton Coaster, Scream, Poltergeist and Goliath, to name a few.
There is plenty to do, so be sure to plan ahead. The summer-time White Water Bay water park is filled with tubular water slides, water funnels and one of the largest wave pools in America. Throughout the season, a variety of park events and entertainment, featuring the Looney Tunes characters, complete your park visit. At the end of a great day, kick up your feet in a comfortable Best Western guest room, for a peaceful night's rest. Enjoy your time in the San Antonio area.
The Alamo at Night
The Alamo, established in 1724 in San Antonio, was a home to missionaries for almost seventy years. During the 1800s, the mission housed a Spanish military unit. It became the living quarters for Revolutionaries and Royalists for ten years. During the Texas Revolution in 1836, Mexican military launched an attack on the Alamo. The Alamo is known as the "Shrine of Texas Liberty", for the sacrifice of the Texan soldiers.
During your Hill Country travels, be sure to visit the 4.2-acre Alamo complex, to learn more about its rich 300 year history. Stroll through the Shrine, Long Barrack Museum, the Gift Museum and the beautiful Alamo Gardens. Make the most of your visit – choose one of several Best Western hotels in the area for comfortable accommodations and an enjoyable night's rest.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1 mile(s) from Northwoods Theater
- 8 mile(s) from Six Flags® Fiesta Texas
- 10 mile(s) from San Antonio Zoo
- 12 mile(s) from McNay Art Museum
- 13 mile(s) from Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
- 14 mile(s) from Texas Rangers Museum
- 14 mile(s) from Witte / H.E.B. Science Treehouse
- 15 mile(s) from Children's Museum
- 15 mile(s) from Guiness World Record Museum
- 15 mile(s) from Ripley's Haunted Adventure
- 15 mile(s) from Texas Adventure Theater
- 15 mile(s) from Plaza Wax Museum & Ripley's Believe It Or Not
- 15 mile(s) from Korean War Memorial
- 15 mile(s) from Vietnam Veteran's Memorial
- 15 mile(s) from Spanish Governor's Palace
- 15 mile(s) from The Alamo
- 15 mile(s) from SBC Center
- 15 mile(s) from Institute of Texan Cultures
- 15 mile(s) from Arneson River Theater
- 15 mile(s) from St. Paul's Square
- 15 mile(s) from Sunset Station
- 15 mile(s) from Majik Children's Theater
- 15 mile(s) from Texas Highway Patrol Museum
- 15 mile(s) from Riverwalk
- 15 mile(s) from Alamodome
- 17 mile(s) from Lucile Halsell Conservatory
- 17 mile(s) from Splashtown
- 17 mile(s) from San Antonio Botanical Gardens
- 18 mile(s) from SeaWorld® of San Antonio
- 18 mile(s) from Mission Concepcion
- 20 mile(s) from Nelson W. Wolff Municipal Stadium
- 20 mile(s) from National Shrine of the Little Flower
- 20 mile(s) from San Antonio Palace
- 20 mile(s) from Mission San Jose
- 22 mile(s) from Mission San Juan
- 24 mile(s) from Mission Espada
- 1 mile(s) from Northwood Shopping Center
- 15 mile(s) from El Mercado, Mexican Market Square
- 15 mile(s) from Farmer's Market
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 20 mile(s) from New Braunfels
- 30 mile(s) from Boerne
- 30 mile(s) from Gruene
- 35 mile(s) from San Marcos
- 60 mile(s) from Bandera
- 60 mile(s) from Kerrville
- 65 mile(s) from Austin
- 70 mile(s) from Fredricksburg
- 150 mile(s) from Laredo
- 170 mile(s) from Corpus Christi
- 300 mile(s) from South Padre Island
- 0.5 mile(s) from NII Communications
- 0.5 mile(s) from SACU
- 1 mile(s) from Newmark Homes
- 1 mile(s) from Commons at Concord Park
- 1 mile(s) from SecureInfo Corporation
- 1 mile(s) from ESRI
- 1 mile(s) from Energy Transfer
- 1 mile(s) from Stone Oak Methodist Hospital
- 1 mile(s) from Spine Hospital
- 1 mile(s) from North Central Baptist Hospital
- 2 mile(s) from Clear Channel Communications
- 2 mile(s) from MCI World Com
- 2 mile(s) from Metropolitan Business Park
- 2 mile(s) from Parkway Plaza at Stone Oak
- 2 mile(s) from Park Oaks
- 2 mile(s) from North Central Baptist Hospital
- 2 mile(s) from Northwest Methodist Hospital
- 3 mile(s) from North Park Corporate Park
- 3 mile(s) from Alzafar Shrine
- 10 mile(s) from Southwest Texas Medical Center
- 10 mile(s) from Audie Murphy VA Hospital
- 15 mile(s) from Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
- 8 mile(s) from University of Texas at San Antonio
- 14 mile(s) from Southwest School of Art & Craft
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1 mile(s) from Northwoods Ice Center
- 2 mile(s) from The Club @ Sonterra
- 4 mile(s) from Country Lanes Bowling Alley
- 6 mile(s) from Canyon Springs Golf Course
- 12 mile(s) from Retama Park
- 13 mile(s) from Malibu Castle & Grand Prix / Boomers
- 20 mile(s) from SAS Shoe Factory
- Adjacent to Sonic, fast food, American
- .1 mile(s) from Whataburger, fast food, American
- .1 mile(s) from Jack in the Box, fast food, American
- .1 mile(s) from Las Palapas, Mexican
- .1 mile(s) from Chic-Fil-A, fast food, American
- .1 mile(s) from McDonald's®, fast food, American
- .2 mile(s) from International House of Pancakes, Coffee Shop, American, open for: breakfast
- .2 mile(s) from Bill Miller's BBQ, American
- .2 mile(s) from Barnacle Bill's, Seafood
- .3 mile(s) from China Harbor, Chinese
- .3 mile(s) from Red Lobster, Seafood
- 1 mile(s) from Cheesy Jane's, American
- 1 mile(s) from Sushi Zushi, Japanese
- 1 mile(s) from Subway, fast food, American
- 1 mile(s) from Quizno's, fast food, American
- 1 mile(s) from Jason's Deli, Deli, American
- 1 mile(s) from Chuck E. Cheese, magical fun place for families
- 1 mile(s) from Chuy's, Mexican
- 1 mile(s) from Reggiano's, Italian
- 1 mile(s) from Zio's Italian Kitchen, Italian
- 1 mile(s) from Chilis, American
- 1 mile(s) from Bennigan Grill & Tavern, American
- 1 mile(s) from Red Robin, American, Gourmet burgers & spirits
- 1 mile(s) from Fire Hut Grill & Bar, Chinese
- 1 mile(s) from La Madeleine, Deli, French
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hill Country Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near San Antonio. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
San Antonio Spurs vs. Brooklyn Nets
The San Antonio Spurs defend their home court against the Brooklyn Nets at the AT&T Center in San Antonio. Tip-off is at 6 p.m.
The British boy band sensation brings the One Direction: Where We Are Tour to the Alamodome in San Antonio. Hearts melt at 7 p.m.
Holiday Arts & Crafts Show
Artists line the walkways of the San Antonio River Walk to share holiday crafts and other works fit for home and garden decor. Things get started at 5 p.m. each night.
The Disney star-turned-pop provocateur brings her Bangerz Tour to the AT&T Center in San Antonio. The show starts at 7 p.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean