Best Western Plus Hill Country Suites
18555 US Highway 281 N, San Antonio, TX 78258-7600
Phone: 210/490-9191 | Fax: 210/490-3465 | 77 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to the Best Western Plus Hill Country Suites where customer service is top priority and accommodations are comfortable and affordable. This hotel is nestled in one of San Antonio's best residential and business districts and within walking distance from many local attractions, shopping and dining options. Guests staying at this San Antonio Best Western will enjoy well-appointed guest suites featuring 46-inch LED TVs with full HD, microwave, refrigerator and free high-speed internet access.
Start the day off right with a complimentary full breakfast, refreshing dip in the outdoor swimming pool and hot tub or with a work out in the fully equipped exercise facility. After a long day, guests are welcome to take advantage of the manager's reception offering beer, wine and hors d'oeuvres Monday through Thursday evenings. Guests traveling to San Antonio on business will also appreciate the variety of business services available on property including a full business center and meeting space with room accommodating up to 40 people.
The Best Western Plus Hill Country Suites is where travelers want to be while visiting San Antonio. Spend a relaxing afternoon exploring all that the nearby Riverwalk has to offer, touring area museums like McNay Art Museum, the Witte Museum and the Guinness World Record Museum, catching a sporting event at the Blossom Athletic Center or enjoying some family fun at the San Antonio Zoo, Six Flags® Fiesta Texas and SeaWorld®. And no trip to San Antonio is complete with a visit to the historic Alamo.
The Best Western Plus Hill Country Suites is often the lodging choice for guests in town visiting family or friends at nearby Spine Hospital and Stone Oak Methodist Hospital. Traveling to San Antonio on business? Nearby Pearson, Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center & Valero Corp make conducting business easy and convenient.
Make a reservation today and save at the Best Western Plus Hill Country Suites in San Antonio, Texas!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, fresh scrambled eggs, hot breakfast meat, breakfast tacos, waffles and other items, yogurt, juice and coffee, 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Outdoor pool
- Spa, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Exercise facility, 24-hour
- Multilingual staff, English, Spanish
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning
- Safe deposit box
- Baggage hold
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Business center, 24 hours
- Fax services
- Photocopy services
- Hot tub, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Printer available
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Weight lifting equipment
- Photocopy machine
- Stationary bike
- Inter corridor
- Guest laundry, available 24-hours for a nominal fee
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless internet access; All guest rooms are hardwired for internet access
- Conference services
- Meeting facilities, Bluebonnet Meeting Room is a great facility for small gatherings, meetings or sessions. The 720 sq ft space can comfortably fit 50 persons at maximum capacity. wireless dataports available in meeting rooms
- Convenience store/Sundry
- Parking for the physically challenged 24 hours, free
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking, 24 hours, free
- Truck/RV parking, 24 hours, free
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Evening Reception, Complimentary Monday through Thursday from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., beer, wine, snacks
- Complimentary newspaper
- Motor coach parking, free
- High-speed Internet access
Best Western Plus Hill Country Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus hill country suites in San Antonio.
Best Western Plus Hill Country Suites
Conveniently located, the best western plus hill country suites in San Antonio, Texas is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 29.612235 / Latitude: -98.468245
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 35 South. Take Interstate 10 West. Take Highway 1604 North/East, and take Exit 281 North, stay on the service road and take the Sonterra Exit Ramp (immediate bridge-ramp on the right). Make two right turns at the bridge and the Best Western Plus Hill Country Suites is on the right side.
From: Interstate 35 North. Take Interstate 10 East. Take Highway 1604 West, and take Exit 281 North, stay on the service road and take the Sonterra Exit Ramp (immediate bridge-ramp on the right). Make two right turns at the bridge and the Best Western Plus Hill Country Suites is on the right side.
From: Downtown. The San Antonio International Airport or North Star Mall at loop 410. Take San Pedro/281 North and exit on Sonterra Exit ramp (immediate bridge-ramp on the right). Make two right turns at the bridge and the Best Western Plus Hill Country Suites is on the right side.
Best Western Plus Hill Country Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Officially Camp Bullis Military Training Reservation, Camp Bullis is set in the southern plains of Texas, just north of San Antonio. Established in 1917 and named for Brigadier General John Lapham Bullis, the 28,000-acre site of controlled by the U.S. Air Force.
JBSA-Bullis acts as a maneuvering ground for the Army, Air Force, and Marines. Camp Bullis is also a field-training site for Fort Sam Houston’s Brooke Army Medical Center. Along with Camp Stanley, Bullis is part of the Leon Springs Military Reservation.
Featuring over 100 events, the 11-day Fiesta celebration is the largest festival on the San Antonio calendar. Held annually throughout the San Antonio metropolitan area, the festivities take place in Alamo City spots like the La Villita Historic Arts Village, the River Walk, and – of course – the Alamo.
Established in 1891, the historic Fiesta event offers three massive parades like the Battle of Flowers Parade and the Fiesta Flambeau Parade, plus live music, great food, and carnival setting throughout SA.
Fort Sam Houston Quadrangle
Named after the first president of the Republic of Texas, Fort Sam Houston was built in 1876 near San Antonio.
The Fort Sam Houston Quadrangle, the oldest structure at this United States Army Post, housed Geronimo and his fellow Apaches. The fort has served as the headquarters for the United States Army North, the United States Army South, and the Medical Education & Training Campus.
Former President Dwight D. Eisenhower was posted twice at the fort from 1915 to 1917 and again in 1941, during the attack on Pearl Harbor. He met his spouse Mamie Dowd at the fort.
Their first home together is housed at the fort and is one of the fort's preserved historic monuments. Enjoy touring Fort Sam to learn more about its history and San Antonio.
Set along Interstate 37, the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center – known also as the San Antonio Convention Center. Located in downtown San Antonio along the River Walk, the convention center encompasses 1,300,000 square feet.
A venue for more than 300 San Antonio events per year, the Gonzalez Convention Center includes the meeting spaces, ballrooms, and exhibit floors – plus the 2,500-seat Lila Cockrell Theatre. Find the facility by the iconic Tower of the Americas in HemisFair Park, just south of the Alamo.
Located in HemisFair Park, the Institute of Texan Cultures is a cultural museum operated by the University of Texas at San Antonio. The ITC covers 182,000 square feet, and features a 65,000-square-foot exhibit space.
Host to the annual Texas Folklife Festival, ITC is a member of the Smithsonian Affiliates program. Established in 1968 in downtown San Antonio, ITC draws more than 200,000 annual visitors.
On your next trek through Texas, head for the San Antonio area and find some of the very best family-friendly fun in the state. Venture over to Kiddie Park, one of the premier amusement parks in San Antonio. Opened in 1925, Kiddie Park is on the northwest corner of Mulberry Avenue and Broadway Street.
At Kiddie Park, you'll find a variety of theme park rides, all ideal for little kids. You can host a party or corporate event at Kiddie Park, and there's also the Kiddie Park Snack Bar where you and the kids can indulge. Kiddie Park is the oldest chilren's amusement park in the entire United States.
First established in 1939, the La Villita Historic Arts Village is a visitor-friendly arts district located in downtown San Antonio. Southern Texas travelers may explore this early neighborhood for shopping, restaurants, festivals, and more.
La Villita features the Arneson River Theatre on the River Walk, and hosts annual events like the Dia de los Muertos, the International Accordion Festival, and Fiesta. First time visitors are encouraged to try the La Villita Walking Tour.
Part of Joint Base San Antonio, Lackland Air Force Base is located in San Antonio in the southern Texas Plains. Established in 1941,Lackland AF B is controlled by the United States Air Force, and offers basic and technical training.
Part of Air Education and Training Command, Lackland AFB features units like the 37th Training Wing, the Inter-American Air Forces Academy, and the Defense Language Institute. Lackland is also home to the Military Working Dog Teams National Monument and the Basic Military Training graduation parade.
With expansive fairways, selectively placed bunkers, and stunning views of the Texas plains, Mission Del Lago Golf Course is a premier destination. One of San Antonion's top golf courses, Mission Del Lago is 18 holes, and is part of the Alamo City Golf Trail.
Whether you're staying in San Antonio propper, or visiting in from any of the charming, nearby suburbs like Lytle or Schertz, you'll find some of the best local golf at Mission Del Lago Golf Course. Yielding stunnging views of Mitchell Lake, Mission Del Lago Golf Course has a driving range and a practice green so you can warm up before your tee time.
An ideal place to spend a spring or summer afternoon, Morgan's Wonderland Park is a premier family destination in San Antonio. Plan your next visit to Texas and be sure to include a stay in the San Antonio area. Morgan's Wonderland Park is just one of the many exemplary attractions in the area.
Opened in 2010, Morgan's Wonderland is a unique experience, to say the least. While the park features a wide range of themed rides, they also take special care to ensure that all members of the family can enjoy their time – in particular, those with special needs. Don't miss the Pirate Island Playground & Garden.
For more than 100 years, baseball fans in San Antonio have been cheering on the San Antonio Missions, a minor league team. The Missions, an AA affiliate of the San Diego Padres, have played Nelson W. Wolff Municipal Stadium, since it was constructed in 1994.
The stadium is named after Nelson W. Wolff, a former Texas State Senator and former San Antonio Mayor. He currently serves as the Bexar County Judge. Located on the west side of San Antonio, The Wolff features fixed seats, luxury box seats, and a picnic area. The total capacity of the stadium is approximately 9,500 fans.
Get your tickets to a Missions game or a University of Texas at San Antonio Roadrunners baseball game for a fun day at the ballpark.
Part of the Joint Base San Antonio, Randolph Air Force Base is located in San Antonio in the southern Texas Plains. Established in 1930, Randolph AFB is controlled by the United States Air Force, and headquarters of the Air Education & Training Command.
Randolph AFB units include the 359th Medical Group, the 12th Flying Training Wing, and the 902d Mission Support Group. Randolph also features the Air Force Personnel Center, and the Randolph Field Historic District – a National Historic Landmark.
The only brewstillery in Texas, the Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling is a combination brewpub and distillery set in San Antonio. Beers include Mission Trail Ale, Oatmeal Pale Ale, Mesquite Smoked Porter, and La Bestia Aimable, or try some handcrafted Texas Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
Set in northern San Antonio just east of the San Antonio International Airport, the Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling is a great stop during your tour of Texas Hilly Country breweries – and surrounded by plenty of Best Western hotels in San Antonio.
South Texas’ first distillery, Rebecca Creek Distillery is a privately held “Spirited Texas Distillery” located in San Antonio. This southern Texas, traditional copper pot distillery is home to two impressive spirits: Enchanted Rock Vodka and Rebecca Creek Fine Texas Spirit Whiskey.
Rebecca Creek Distillery also features free public tours, held on Saturdays from noon to 5 p.m. with no appointment necessary. Enjoy your day at the Rebecca Creek Distillery, and your night at a Best Western hotel in San Antonio.
Established in 1941 in north San Antonio, San Antonio International Airport encompasses 1,200 acres. The San Antonio airport has two commercial runways, in addition to the one general aviation runway. The airport averages 260 domestic and international arrivals and departures each day via 27 gates and 13 commercial airlines.
The free cell phone waiting lot, convenient parking, rental car agencies, the GO Airport Shuttle, and variety of restaurants and shops are just some airport amenities.
Alamo Field and was a training base for the United States Army Air Forces during World War II. At the completion of the war, the airfield added a terminal, baggage claim area, and control tower. By 1968, a concourse was added with eight gates in preparation for HemisFair '68. Continual improvement throughout the years included an additional terminal, parking garage, and new control tower.
San Antonio Missions National Historical Park
History buffs discover so much in San Antonio – as five historical missions are located in San Antonio. The San Antonio Missions National Historical Park, managed by the National Park Service since 1983, preserves four of the Spanish frontier missions.
The missions were built along the San Antonio River, between 1690 and 1720 to promote Christianity to the native settlers. The State of Texas operates the most famous and fifth mission, The Alamo.
The four missions included in the park are: Mision Nuestra Senora de la Purisima Concepcion de Acuna, also known as Mission Concepcion, Mission Espada, Mission San Jose and Mission San Juan Capistrano.
The Archdiocese of San Antonio continues to operate regular catholic services in these missions. While in the park, also visit the Espada Aqueduct and the Ethel Wilson Harris House. Stop by the visitor center to get more information and sign up for a guided tour.
The San Antonio River Walk, started as a simple botanic garden along the San Antonio River in 1956. Through the years, improvements were made and the public park grew to become a five-mile stretch of restaurants, shops, and attractions.
River Walk is now one of the top tourist attractions in Texas, and hosts several events all year long. Visit this area attraction for an enjoyable day at the park or a fun night out.
The Rivercenter Mall, the San Antonio Museum of Art, Arneson River Theatre, and Pearl Brewery are all favorite stops along the River Walk.
Schedule your visit to attend one of the annual festive events, such as Mardi Gras River Parade, or the St. Patrick's Parade & Festival.
SeaWorld San Antonio is a popular family attraction in River City. Schedule plenty of time in San Antonio to see all of the wonderful animal exhibits, shows and tours. Park favorites include Dolphin Cove, Penguin Encounter, Sharks and Coral Reef, Alligator Alley, the Azul Show, and the One Ocean Show.
Reserve a spot in one of the exclusive park experiences, such as the Behind-the-Scenes Tour and Dolphin Discovery Tour. Those ready for more adventure, love riding the Great White and Steel Eel roller coasters, Journey to Atlantis water ride, and the Rio Loco river ride. Kids love the Shamu Express kid-sized coaster.
A 200-acre fun-filled amusement park, Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio is ideal for the whole family. Kids love the Amerigoround, Buckarooz, Taz's Tornado, Kiddee Koaster, Texas Treehouse, and Yosemite Sam's Wacky Wagons. Thrill-seeking adults have a screaming good time on Superman: Krypton Coaster, Scream, Poltergeist, and Goliath – to name a few.
The summer-time White Water Bay water park is filled with tubular water slides, water funnels, and one of the largest wave pools in America. Throughout the season, a variety of park events and entertainment, featuring the Looney Tunes characters, complete your park visit in the San Antonio area.
The Alamo at Night
Established in 1724 in San Antonio, the famed Alamo was a home to missionaries for almost 70 years.
During the 1800s, the mission housed a Spanish military unit – becoming the living quarters for Revolutionaries and Royalists for 10 years.
During the Texas Revolution in 1836, Mexican military launched an attack on the Alamo. The Alamo is known as the "Shrine of Texas Liberty," for the sacrifice of the Texan soldiers.
During your San Antonio travels, be sure to visit the 4.2-acre Alamo complex to learn more about its rich 300-year history.
Stroll through the Shrine, Long Barrack Museum, the Gift Museum, and the beautiful Alamo Gardens.
The Republic Golf Course is a top golf destination in San Antonio. Consistently rated as the No.1 area course by the Express News, The Republic Golf Course is 18 holes, playing to 7,007 yards from the championship tees.
Plan your exploration of the San Antonio area and bring your clubs – 18 holes at The Republic Golf Course is the ideal day time activity for you and your friends, business partners, or family. The Republic Golf Course also hosts large scale events like reunions, weddings, and business conferences.
Covering 2.6 acres, Travis Park is located in downtown San Antonio between the River Walk and the Alamo. The public park is owned by the City of San Antonio, and operated by the River City’s Parks & Recreation Department.
Set at the corner of Navarro and Travis streets, the Travis Park is known for hosting annual Jazz'SAlive – a free outdoor jazz festival. The park is named for William Barret Travis, and the land was first settled in 1870.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1 mile(s) from Northwoods Theater
- 8 mile(s) from Six Flags® Fiesta Texas
- 10 mile(s) from San Antonio Zoo
- 12 mile(s) from McNay Art Museum
- 13 mile(s) from Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
- 14 mile(s) from Texas Rangers Museum
- 14 mile(s) from Witte / H.E.B. Science Treehouse
- 15 mile(s) from Children's Museum
- 15 mile(s) from Guiness World Record Museum
- 15 mile(s) from Ripley's Haunted Adventure
- 15 mile(s) from Texas Adventure Theater
- 15 mile(s) from Plaza Wax Museum & Ripley's Believe It Or Not
- 15 mile(s) from Korean War Memorial
- 15 mile(s) from Vietnam Veteran's Memorial
- 15 mile(s) from Spanish Governor's Palace
- 15 mile(s) from The Alamo
- 15 mile(s) from SBC Center
- 15 mile(s) from Institute of Texan Cultures
- 15 mile(s) from Arneson River Theater
- 15 mile(s) from St. Paul's Square
- 15 mile(s) from Sunset Station
- 15 mile(s) from Majik Children's Theater
- 15 mile(s) from Texas Highway Patrol Museum
- 15 mile(s) from Riverwalk
- 15 mile(s) from Alamodome
- 17 mile(s) from Lucile Halsell Conservatory
- 17 mile(s) from Splashtown
- 17 mile(s) from San Antonio Botanical Gardens
- 18 mile(s) from SeaWorld® of San Antonio
- 18 mile(s) from Mission Concepcion
- 20 mile(s) from Nelson W. Wolff Municipal Stadium
- 20 mile(s) from National Shrine of the Little Flower
- 20 mile(s) from San Antonio Palace
- 20 mile(s) from Mission San Jose
- 22 mile(s) from Mission San Juan
- 24 mile(s) from Mission Espada
- 1 mile(s) from Northwood Shopping Center
- 15 mile(s) from El Mercado, Mexican Market Square
- 15 mile(s) from Farmer's Market
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- 1 mile(s) from Northwoods Ice Center
- 2 mile(s) from The Club @ Sonterra
- 4 mile(s) from Bowlero Bowling Alley
- 5 mile(s) from Village at Stone Oak Shop
- 6 mile(s) from Canyon Springs Golf Cours
- 7 mile(s) from TPC Golf Course
- 7 mile(s) from Top Golf
- 7 mile(s) from La Cantera Shopping
- 7 mile(s) from NorthStar Mall
- 12 mile(s) from Retama Park
- 13 mile(s) from Malibu Castle & Grand Pri
- 20 mile(s) from SAS Shoe Factory
- Adjacent to Sonic®, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- Adjacent to Las Palapas, Cafe, Mexican, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- Adjacent to Chic-Fil-A®, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- .1 mile(s) from McDonalds®, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- .2 mile(s) from IHOP®, Coffee Shop, American, Open for: breakfast,
- .2 mile(s) from Bill Miller's BBQ, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- .3 mile(s) from Red Lobster®, Bar/Lounge, Seafood, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- .3 mile(s) from China Harbor, Bar/Lounge, Chinese, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Subway®, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Chuck E. Cheese®, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, magical fun place for families
- 1 mile(s) from Jason's Deli®, Deli, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch,
- 1 mile(s) from La Madeleine®, Deli, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Mellow Mushroom Pizza®, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Chili's®, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Sushi Zushi, Bar/Lounge, Japanese, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Fire Hut Grill & Bar, Bar/Lounge, Chinese, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Chuy's Mexican Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Aldino's, Bar/Lounge, Italian, Open for: dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Zio's Italian Kitchen, Bar/Lounge, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
Best Western Plus Hill Country Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near San Antonio. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean