BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin City Hotel
2200 S I H 35, Austin, TX 78704-4436
Phone: 512/444-0561 | Fax: 512/444-7254 | 155 Rooms | Online Reservations
Both the Austin Downtown Convention Center and University of Texas are nearby, which makes choosing our Austin hotel simple.
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin City Hotel is nestled close to the SOCO South Congress District and 6th street, and our unbeatable location is why many guests choose our Austin hotel. Guests are close to downtown Austin and Lady Bird Lake to enjoy the best of the city and the lush landscape. Located off of Interstate 35 and nestled in Travis Heights, the best the city has to offer is right at your doorstep. With so much to explore in the area, you'll delight in the deluxe free full, hot breakfast conveniently provided each morning.
Our Austin hotel has undergone a complete renovation in early 2013 and is complemented with a fantastic price value. Affordable, clean, convenient and featuring quality rooms and amenities, guests are treated to a competitive price even in one of Austin’s best neighborhoods.
South by Southwest, the “Austin City Limits” and the famous University of Texas football are a few reasons guests stay at our Austin hotel. Whether you’re in the city to take in a sporting event or the unique local culture, you’ll be in a great spot to discover all of the attractions. Business travelers are also regular guests and enjoy having quick access to the interstate.
Our Austin hotel regularly welcomes employees of the State of Texas Government and Legislatures, Lobbyists, the University of Texas and St. Edwards University. The area’s technology centers are near major shopping malls, so it’s simple to mix business with pleasure. Enjoy being close to the South First District for the finest entertainment and fine dining the city has to offer.
Guests staying at this Austin hotel are just west of the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and the Circuit of the Americas Race Track. When catching an early flight, or catching up with the region’s renowned racers, location is everything.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Restaurant on-site
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, daily breakfast buffet offers choice of bacon, eggs, sausage, breads, waffles, cereal, fruit, cereals, yogurt, juice, and coffee
- Cocktail lounge The Blue Moon Bar & Grill, a restaurant and music/sport bar, offers live music, an assortment of local beers, great food and sports, what more could you ask for! Open daily at 3:30 p.m.
- Outdoor pool, heated our large swimming pool is perfect for the whole family with a wading pool for the kids, a deep end for the young at heart, and a hot tub for those who would prefer to relax. Native Texas plants and a waterfall make the garden courtyard perfect.
- Poolside services, fresh towels available
- Hot tub, the spa tub under a shade awning creates a perfect place to work the kinks out of your muscles.
- Exercise facility, open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Weight lifting equipment
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- 24-hour front desk, our friendly staff will gladly help you with directions, calling a cab, restaurant recommendations, and more.
- Interior/Exterior corridor
- Multilingual staff, English, Spanish (some staff members)
- Guest laundry, valet laundry services available at the front desk
- Laundromat is available 24-hours a day
- Dry cleaning, same day available
- Express check out
- Late check out, nominal fee may apply
- Safe deposit box
- Children's activities wading pool
- Cable or satellite television, with HBO®, CNN®, & ESPN®
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless internet access; All guest rooms are hardwired for internet access
- Business center, computers, printers, office supplies, and more
- Fax services, free at business center
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services, and supplies
- Mail services, guests drop off mail at front desk
- Wedding services, event planner onsite to help you plan your big day.
- Meeting facilities, over 7,000 square feet of meeting space available
- Banquet facilities
- Conference facilities
- Conference services and supplies
- Convenience store/Sundry, is located in our lobby and offers snacks, souvenirs of Austin, and assorted personal items
- Executive/club floors/VIP services, VIP guests are upgraded to courtyard pool view room, subject to availability
- Hearing impaired services, available at front desk
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged 24-hour, free
- Ice/vending machines, on every floor. Soda and snack machines in lobby and on second floor.
- Gift shop or newsstand, is located in our lobby and offers AustiNut snacks and souvenirs of Austin.
- Free parking, 24-hour
- Outdoor parking, 24-hour, free
- Truck/RV parking, 24-hour, free
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel
- Free newspaper available in lobby
- Motor coach parking
- Sophisticated lobby for impromptu meetings and meet ups
- Garden courtyard with swimming pool, spa tub, waterfall, and lounging area
- Forget something? Try the onsite convenience store in the Lobby
- ATM/cash machine located at hotel
- Laundry/valet, available at the front desk
- Full service restaurant and bar on-site with live music most nights!
BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin City Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with these 2 package deals available at the best western plus austin city hotel in Austin.
Romance Package 1 Night
Our Romance Package is perfect for slipping away and spending time with the one you love.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin City Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western plus austin city hotel in Austin, Texas is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 30.235115 / Latitude: -97.741355
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Dallas. Take I-35 South to Exit 232-A, Oltorf Street. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin City Hotel is on your right just before the Oltorf Street traffic light.
From: San Antonio. Take I-35 North to Exit 232-A, Oltorf Street. Turn left onto Oltorf Street, cross over I-35 and take an immediate right onto Live Oak Street and enter the BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin City Hotel at the south entrance.
From: Houston. Take I-10 west to Columbus, then Route 71 through Bastrop to I-35 North. Stay in far right lane and exit immediately onto Exit 232-A, Oltorf Street. Turn left onto Oltorf, cross over I-35 and take an immediate right onto Live Oak and enter at the south entrance to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin City Hotel.
From: Dripping Springs. Take Route 290 east through Oak Hill, stay on 290 and 71 East to I-35 North. Exit immediately at Exit 232-A, Oltorf Street. Turn left onto Oltorf and cross over I-35. Take an immediate right onto Live Oak entering the BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin City Hotel at the south entrance.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin City Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1.00 mile(s) from SoCo District, South Congress shopping and dining district-see eclectic Austin at its best with dozens of Weird Austin shops and boutiques as well as many dog friendly restaurants.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Congress Avenue Bat Bridge, Each night at sunset crowds gather to watch Austin's 1.5 million Mexican Free Tail Bat colony leave their daytime sleeping spots under the numerous bridges in town to hunt for insects. A truly amazing sight!
- 2.00 mile(s) from Austin Convention Center, the multi-purpose Austin Convention Center is located in the center of town and houses many world famous events.
- 2.50 mile(s) from Palmer Events Center
- 2.50 mile(s) from 6th Street, the world famous 6th Street Entertainment District is located in the core of Downtown Austin and offers visitors a variety of clubs, live music, restaurants, shopping, bars, and 'people watching' opportunities.
- 2.50 mile(s) from ACL, Austin City Limits is taped at the Moody Theater in the W Hotel. Audiences are limited and tickets are required.
- 2.70 mile(s) from The Long Center for the Performing Arts, is located on the University of Texas campus and offers live music, theater, and dance programs.
- 2.80 mile(s) from Austin Children's Museum, the Thinkery-Austin Children's Museum-offers the whole family a fun and educational good time! www.austinkids.org
- 3.00 mile(s) from Texas State Capitol, the Capitol Visitors Center is located at 112 East 11th Street (southeast corner of the Capitol grounds). Admission is free.
- 3.50 mile(s) from Texas State History Museum, step through the arch and into the grand open atrium of the Museum's core exhibits hall -- it's like walking into a history book writ large with artifacts, recreated environments, and multimedia where you can experience the unfolding "Story of Texas" chapter by chapter. Check movies and show times for the IMAX Theater at www.thestoryoftexas.org .
- 3.90 mile(s) from Zilker Park, is a recreational area in the heart of south Austin. It features the Barton Springs pool, Zilker Botanical Gardens, The Zilker Zephyr miniature train, Hillside Theater, Umlauf Sculpture Garden, Nature Center, soccer fields, volleyball courts, and numerous beautiful picnicking spots.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Bass Concert Hall, the Nancy Lee and Perry R. Bass Concert Hall boasts a vast stage, an orchestra pit capable of holding 100 musicians, dressing rooms to accommodate more than 100 performers, computerized lighting, advanced sound and rigging systems, and a mammoth backstage area complete with workshops for carpentry, costumes, painting, metalwork and props. Ranking among the finest performance spaces in the country both in size and accoutrements, it is no wonder that Bass Concert Hall attracts the world's greatest performers and full-scale productions.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Blanton Museum of Art, welcome to the Blanton Museum of Art! We invite you to experience our inspiring collections and beautiful galleries, take in one of our myriad programs and events, and enjoy our café and Museum Shop. The Blanton offers a range of programs and interpretive tools to fit each visitor's interest and knowledge level. Visitors will gain an abundance of information and insight through gallery tours, artists' talks and lectures by curators and other art experts. Relaxing and fun events like yoga in the galleries and live music in the atrium will further enliven any visit to the museum. Stop by for extraordinary experiences again and again!
- 4.00 mile(s) from LBJ Presidential Library, the LBJ Presidential Library is one of thirteen Presidential Libraries administered by the National Archives and Records Administration. It houses 45 million pages of historical documents which include the papers from the entire public career of Lyndon Baines Johnson and those of his close associates. - See more at: http://www.lbjlibrary.org/footer/plan-your-visit#sthash.nArMqzbl.dpuf
- 6.10 mile(s) from The Elisabet Ney Museum, listed on the National Register of Historic Places based on its significance as the former American studio of Elisabet Ney.
- 7.90 mile(s) from Arthouse at Laguna Gloria, AMOA
- 10.00 mile(s) from Travis County Exposition, site of annual Star of Texas Rodeo and Republic of Texas Biker Rally.
- 19.00 mile(s) from Circuit of the Americas, state of the art Formula One race track and event center.
- 23.00 mile(s) from Dell Diamond, home field for the Round Rock Express, farm team for the Texas Rangers baseball team.
- 1.00 mile(s) from South Congress (SoCo), shops, boutiques, restaurants
- 2.00 mile(s) from Downtown Austin, shops, boutiques, restaurants, bars & clubs
- 2.00 mile(s) from South First (SoFi), shops, boutiques, restaurants
- 3.00 mile(s) from South Lamar (SoLa), shops, boutiques, restaurants
- 4.00 mile(s) from Barton Springs Rd/Zilker, shops, restaurants
- 6.50 mile(s) from Southpark Meadows, shops, boutiques, restaurants
- 7.50 mile(s) from Barton Creek Mall, shops, boutiques, restaurants, movie theaters
- 13.00 mile(s) from Cabela's Outfitters, world's foremost outfitter
- 19.00 mile(s) from Arboretum/Domain, NW
- 32.00 mile(s) from Round Rock Premium Outlet
- 33.00 mile(s) from San Marcos Outlet Mall, Tanger outlet mall
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 11.00 mile(s) from Westlake Hills
- 15.00 mile(s) from Buda
- 17.00 mile(s) from Elroy
- 21.00 mile(s) from Round Rock
- 23.00 mile(s) from Lakeway
- 29.00 mile(s) from San Marcos
- 30.00 mile(s) from Georgetown
- 30.00 mile(s) from San Marcos
- 33.00 mile(s) from Bastrop
- 48.00 mile(s) from New Braunfels
- 1.00 mile(s) from Bank of America
- 1.00 mile(s) from Wells Fargo Bank
- 1.10 mile(s) from Juvenile Justice Center
- 1.40 mile(s) from IRS Service Center
- 1.50 mile(s) from Northrup Grumman
- 1.85 mile(s) from Texas State School of the Deaf
- 2.20 mile(s) from Spansion
- 2.30 mile(s) from Texas Attorney General
- 4.00 mile(s) from St. David's South Austin
- 1.20 mile(s) from St. Edwards University
- 1.40 mile(s) from Acton MBA in Entrepreneurship
- 4.20 mile(s) from Huston Tillotson University
- 4.80 mile(s) from University Of Texas, Austin, Longhorns
- 4.90 mile(s) from Seminary of the Southwest
- 5.10 mile(s) from Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary
- 5.10 mile(s) from Texas College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1.20 mile(s) from Lady Bird Lake, (formerly Town Lake) hike & bike trails.
- 2.50 mile(s) from Auditorium Shores
- 3.60 mile(s) from Barton Springs Pool, filled by water from Main Barton Spring, the fourth largest spring in Texas and maintaining a 72 degree temperature year round.
- 3.80 mile(s) from Zilker Park, trails on Lady Bird Lake covers about 350 acres.
- 4.90 mile(s) from Texas Rowing Center, rentals for rowing, kayaks, canoes, and SUPs on Lady Bird Lake,
- Blue Moon Rock & Blues, on premises, full service, American, open for: dinner, features live music most weekend nights. Open 4:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Across the street from Starbucks®, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Denny's®, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Luby's, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.06 mile(s) from Curra's Grill, full service, Mexican, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, small patio for outside dining. Known for their avocado margaritas.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Tree House Restaurant, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, outside patio among 200 year old live oak trees.
- 1.10 mile(s) from Magnolia Cafe, cafe, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, eclectic menu, serves breakfast 24 hours. Beer and wine available. Outside dining.
- 1.20 mile(s) from Vespaio/Enoteca, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, consistently rated as having some of the best Italian food in Austin. Enoteca is a cafe and Vespaio is full service. Both have complete bar service and all food is prepared in house. Some desserts and deli items available for take out at Enoteca.
- 1.30 mile(s) from South Congress Cafe, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, eclectic menu and Sunday brunch. Full service bar.
- 1.30 mile(s) from Home Slice Pizza, fast food, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, pizza made while you wait with a walk up window for pizza by the slice.
- 1.40 mile(s) from Guero's, full service, Tex-Mex, open for: lunch, dinner, very popular spot for lunch and dinner. Large bar area. Extensive Tex-Mex menu.
- 1.40 mile(s) from Jo's Coffee, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee shop with outdoor seating. Light food fare available. In the heart of the trendy SOCO district: a place to people watch and spot celebs visiting Austin.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Bouldin Creek Cafe, cafe, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, vegan menu prepared with locally grown vegetables. Outdoor dining and takeout available.
- 1.60 mile(s) from Freddies, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, sports bar with some outdoor dining available and outdoor ping pong and pool tables. Extensive menu of specialty burgers.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Patsy's Cowgirl Cafe, cafe, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3.00 mile(s) from Stubb's Barbecue, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located in downtown Austin. Has outside amphitheater for musical performances. Famous for their barbecue; their barbecue sauce can be bought at many local grocery stores and on-line as well.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin City Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Austin. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
The "Blurred Lines" provocateur pays a visit to Austin City Limits Live at the Moody Theater in Austin. The smooth sounds start at 7 p.m.
The EDM star turned pop songstress shakes the walls of Austin Music Hall. The dancing starts at 8 p.m.
Abilene: Outlaws and Legends Music Fest
Come on down to the Back Porch of Texas in Abilene for this extended three day festival filled with boot-stomping great music. Gates open at 2 p.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean