BEST WESTERN Plus Austin City Hotel
2200 S I H 35, Austin, TX 78704-4436
Phone: 512/444-0561 | Fax: 512/444-7254 | 158 Rooms | Online Reservations
Both the Austin Downtown Convention Center and University of Texas are nearby, which makes choosing our Austin hotel simple.
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin City Hotel is nestled close to the SOCO South Congress District, Rainey Street and 6th street, and our unbeatable location is why many guests choose our Austin hotel. Guests are close to downtown Austin and Lady Bird Lake to enjoy the best of the city and the lush landscape. Located off of Interstate 35 and nestled in Travis Heights, the best the city has to offer is right at your doorstep. With so much to explore in the area, you'll delight in the deluxe free full, hot breakfast conveniently provided each morning.
Our 100% non-smoking Austin hotel has undergone a complete renovation in early 2013 and is complemented with a fantastic price value. Affordable, clean, convenient and featuring quality rooms and amenities, guests are treated to a competitive price even in one of Austin’s best neighborhoods.
South by Southwest, the Austin City Limits and the famous University of Texas football are a few reasons guests stay at our Austin hotel. Whether you’re in the city to take in a sporting event or the unique local culture, you’ll be in a great spot to discover all of the attractions. Business travelers are also regular guests and enjoy having quick access to the interstate.
Our Austin hotel regularly welcomes employees of the State of Texas Government and Legislatures, Lobbyists, the University of Texas and St. Edwards University. The area’s technology centers are near major shopping malls, so it’s simple to mix business w/ pleasure. Enjoy being close to the South First District for the finest entertainment and fine dining the city has to offer.
Guests staying at this Austin hotel are just west of the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and the Circuit of the Americas Race Track. When catching an early flight, or catching up with the region’s renowned racers, location is everything.
Minimum check-in age is 21 with valid photo I.D.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, daily breakfast buffet offers choice of bacon, eggs, sausage, breads, waffles, cereal, fruit, cereals, yogurt, juice, and coffee
- Cocktail lounge The Blue Moon Bar & Grill, a restaurant and music/sport bar, offers live music, an assortment of local beers, great food and sports, what more could you ask for! Open daily at 3:30 p.m.
- Outdoor pool our large swimming pool is perfect for the whole family with a wading pool for the kids, a deep end for the young at heart, and a hot tub for those who would prefer to relax. Native Texas plants and a waterfall make the serenegarden courtyard perfect.
- Poolside services, fresh towels available
- Hot tub, the spa tub under a shade awning creates a perfect place to work the kinks out of your muscles.
- Exercise facility, open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Weight lifting equipment
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- 24-hour front desk, our friendly staff will gladly help you with directions, calling a cab, restaurant recommendations, and more.
- Inter/Exter corridor
- Multilingual staff, English, Spanish (some staff members)
- Guest laundry, valet laundry services available at the front desk
- Laundromat is available 24-hours a day
- Dry cleaning, same day available
- Express check out
- Late check out, nominal fee may apply
- Safe deposit box
- Children's activities wading pool
- Cable or satellite television, with HBO®, CNN®, & ESPN®
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless internet access; All guest rooms are hardwired for internet access
- Business center, computers, printers, office supplies, and more
- Fax services, free at business center
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services, and supplies
- Mail services, guests drop off mail at front desk
- Wedding services, event planner onsite to help you plan your big day.
- Meeting facilities, Approximately 7,000 square feet of meeting space available
- Banquet facilities
- Conference facilities
- Conference services and supplies
- Convenience store/Sundry, is located in our lobby and offers snacks, souvenirs of Austin, and assorted personal items
- Executive/club floors/VIP services, VIP guests are upgraded to courtyard pool view room, subject to availability
- Hearing impaired services, available at front desk
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged 24-hour, free
- Ice/vending machines, on every floor. Soda and snack machines in lobby and on second floor.
- Gift shop or newsstand, is located in our lobby and offers AustiNut snacks and souvenirs of Austin.
- Free parking, 24-hour
- Outdoor parking, 24-hour, free
- Truck/RV parking, 24-hour, free
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Please join us Monday evenings for social hour from 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. in the lobby. Snacks and non-alcoholic beverages provided
- Free newspaper available in lobby
- Free motor coach parking
- Sophisticated and spacious lobby for impromptu meetings and meet ups
- Serene garden courtyard with swimming pool, spa tub, waterfall, and lounging area
- Forget something? Try the onsite convenience store in the Lobby
- ATM/cash machine located at hotel
- Laundry/valet, available at the front desk
- Full service restaurant and bar on-site with live music most nights!
- On-site modern fitness room and guest laundry
BEST WESTERN Plus Austin City Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus austin city hotel in Austin.
BEST WESTERN Plus Austin City Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western plus austin city hotel in Austin, Texas is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 30.235115 / Latitude: -97.741355
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Dallas. Take I-35 South to Exit 232-A, Oltorf Street. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin City Hotel is on your right just before the Oltorf Street traffic light.
From: San Antonio. Take I-35 North to Exit 232-A, Oltorf Street. Turn left onto Oltorf Street, cross over I-35 and take an immediate right onto Live Oak Street and enter the BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin City Hotel at the south entrance.
From: Houston. Take I-10 west to Columbus, then Route 71 through Bastrop to I-35 North. Stay in far right lane and exit immediately onto Exit 232-A, Oltorf Street. Turn left onto Oltorf, cross over I-35 and take an immediate right onto Live Oak and enter at the south entrance to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin City Hotel.
From: Dripping Springs. Take Route 290 east through Oak Hill, stay on 290 and 71 East to I-35 North. Exit immediately at Exit 232-A, Oltorf Street. Turn left onto Oltorf and cross over I-35. Take an immediate right onto Live Oak entering the BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin City Hotel at the south entrance.
BEST WESTERN Plus Austin City Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Established in 1960, the Austin Nature & Science Center (ANSC) is a collection of hands-on nature exhibits and educational programs. Set on the banks of the Colorado River, ANSC is located in Austin’s Zilker Park.
ANSC activities include wildlife exhibits and the Dino Pit – both offering better ways to explore outdoor Texas in Hill Country. Don’t miss the Naturalist Workshop and Trade Counter and Beverly S. Sheffield Education Center during your time at ANSC.
Operated by the City of Austin Aviation Department, the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) has served Austin area air passengers since 1999. The airport is located south of Austin, adjacent to the site of the former Bergstrom Air Force Base – operational from 1942 to 1993.
This joint-use commercial airport not only serves commercial aviation, but general aviation, the Texas Army National Guard, and the State Aircraft Pooling Board. A total of 11 commercial airlines provide nonstop airline service to 47 destinations.
While waiting for a flight, enjoy the live music performed in the center of the terminal – as this is the Live Music Capital of the World.
Set on the Colorado River, Camp Mabry is located in central Austin in Texas Hill Country. Camp Mabry acts as headquarters for the Texas Military Forces – including the Texas State Guard (TXSG), the Texas Army National Guard, and the Texas Air National Guard.
Established in 1892 and today covering 375 acres, Camp Mabry is a U.S. Historic district found on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places. Visitors can head for the Texas Military Forces Museum – offering guided tours but closed on Mondays
Originating in 1943 once Clara Driscoll donated her estate to art education, the Contemporary Austin Laguna Gloria is a staple of Austin culture. Part of Contemporary Austin along with the Jones Center, the Laguna Gloria is housed in a 1916 Italianate-style Driscoll Villa – found on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
The Laguna Gloria estate is set on Lake Austin in Texas Hill Country – and features the Betty & Edward Marcus Sculpture Park. The former AMOA-Arthouse at Laguna Gloria and Austin Museum of Art is closed Monday, and free on Tuesdays. The site also features the Laguna Gloria Amphitheater, Second Saturdays, and art dinners.
The oldest pool in Texas, Deep Eddy Pool is a public swimming pool built in 1915 and set in Austin. Operated by the City of Austin since 1935, Deep Eddy Pool is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and is considered a historic landmark in Texas Hill Country.
Open daily, Deep Eddy Pool is not chlorinated, but is fed with water from a 35-foot hand-dug well. The pool also features a historic, Depression-era bathhouse, a permanent, wildlife science exhibit, and a nearby playground.
Nestled on the shoreline of Lake Travis, Hippie Hollow Park encompasses over 100 acres of Hill Country northwest of Austin. Swimming, boating, sunbathing, and picnicking are popular activities in this clothing-optional park – providing a wonderful respite away from the busy Capital City.
Bird-watchers also have a fun time spying the endangered Golden-cheeked Warbler and the Black-capped Vireo. Bring along comfortable shoes for a nice walk around the lake on the marked trails and make the most of your time in outdoor Texas.
Several craft beers are available throughout the year, including Le Petit Prince Farmhouse Table Beer, Noble King Hoppy Farmhouse Ale, Wytchmaker Farmhouse Rye India Pale Ale. Tours and tastings are available every Saturday, while Jester King Craft beers are available in San Antonio, Dallas, Fort Worth and Houston, and most places in between.
The Jimmy Clay-Roy Kizer Municipal Golf Course, also locally known as the Roy Kizer Golf Course, is an ideal golf destination in Austin, TX. As you explore the entirety of the Austin area, you'll want to book a tee time at Roy Kizer Golf Course and enjoy 18 spectacular holes of golf.
Drive in from nearby cities like Bastrop, Round Rock, or Cedar Park and play the par 72, 18-hole gem – it's a sterling example of golf in Austin. The Roy Kizer Golf Course was opened in 1994, making it relatively new, and it was designed by Randolph Russell.
Administered by the National Archives & Records Administration, the Lyndon B. Johnson Library & Museum is located in the capital city of Austin in Texas Hill Country. One of the country's 13 presidential libraries, the LBJ library offers cultural and historical exhibits, and 45 million pages of historical documents.
In 1971, the Lyndon Baines Johnson Library & Museum was dedicated by former President Johnson on a thirty-acre site, next to the University of Texas at Austin. Before leaving the museum, be sure to browse the LBJ Gift Store.
Set in the Live Music Capital of the World, the South By Southwest Music Conference & Festival is an annual event at the Austin Convention Center in Austin. Over the years, the increased interest in film and tech companies influenced the festival, adding additional components to the mix.
More than 30,000 registrants are expected to attend the live music performances, plus film and tech events. The four-day Trade Show gives visitors an opportunity to meet and talk to leaders in the music, technology, and film industries.
The Block Party and SXsaloon are just some of the many venues. Check out the Next Stage, where panelists, comedians, musicians, and filmmakers show a sample of what's to expect during SXSWeek. Schedule plenty of time to attend the variety of events in this premier Austin event.
Texas State Capitol
The State Capitol Complex in downtown Austin is home to the 19th-century Renaissance Revival-style Texas State Capitol.
Completed in 1888, this U.S. National Historic Landmark is the largest state capitol building by square footage – that being 360,000. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the capitol neighbors the Congress Avenue Historic District and the University of Texas.
During your visit to Hill Country, enjoy walking the grounds' 22 acres to view famous monuments like Terry's Texas Rangers and the granite Ten Commandments.
Schedule time to stroll through the Capitol Visitors Center – housed in the 1857 General Land Office Building.
Spanning 128 acres, the recently renovated Travis County Exposition Center is located in northeastern Austin near Decker Lake. Found in the Hill Country of Texas, the center features facilities like Luedecke Arena, the Skyline Club, the Show Barn, and the Banquet Hall.
The Travis County Exposition Center may be best known for hosting the annual Star of Texas Fair & Rodeo. The center also hosts a multitude of car shows, concerts, arts & crafts shows, and formal award ceremonies.
University of Texas at Austin
The flagship state university, the University of Texas was established in 1883, and is located in Austin.
With award winning sports programs, highly recognized faculty, and incredible academic programs, UT is boasts one of the largest enrollments in Texas.
UT features an expansive campus, with multiple colleges, libraries, and visitor-friendly sites like the Lyndon B. Johnson Library & Museum, Blanton Museum of Art, and the McDonald Observatory.
UT is also home to the famed Texas Longhorns – an institution within the world of college football, and at times, dominating the Big 12 Conference.
Come fall, the Austin area heads to Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium for exciting college football games.
More Area Attractions & Services
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1.20 mile(s) from Lady Bird Lake, (formerly Town Lake) hike & bike trails.
- 2.50 mile(s) from Auditorium Shores
- 3.60 mile(s) from Barton Springs Pool, filled by water from Main Barton Spring, the fourth largest spring in Texas and maintaining a 72 degree temperature year round.
- 3.80 mile(s) from Zilker Park, trails on Lady Bird Lake covers about 350 acres.
- 4.90 mile(s) from Texas Rowing Center, rentals for rowing, kayaks, canoes, and SUPs on Lady Bird Lake,
BEST WESTERN Plus Austin City Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Austin. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2016 Austin Symphony's July 4th Concert & Fireworks
Enjoy Independence Day with a wonderful concert and fireworks show at Auditorium Shores in Austin. There will also be plenty of food and drinks, as well as a variety of local arts and crafts on hand. Reserve your seats today.
2016 Sommerzeit Festival
Visiting Fredericksburg this summer? Head on down to the Gillespie County Fairgrounds in July, as there will be a Mexican Market, German biergarten, and tons of Texas country music for all to enjoy. More info is TBA.
2016 Austin City Limits Music Festival
Over 100 local and nation bands across all genres set up shop in Austin for this music festival spanning two weekends. The festivities take place in Zilker Park, lineups are TBA.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean