BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin Airport Inn & Suites
1805 Airport Commerce Drive, Austin, TX 78741-4538
Phone: 512/386-5455 | Fax: 512/386-5479 | 75 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
A brand new hotel, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin Airport Inn & Suites is conveniently located just one mile north of the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and only three miles from Downtown Austin. The new hotel proudly offers complimentary hot breakfast buffet served in our spacious breakfast room as well as variety of other amenities including an outdoor swimming pool, state of the art exercise facility, guest laundry, business center, free/convenient parking and meeting facilities accommodating large groups.
In addition, all of our comfortably designed guest rooms and suites offer a mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, free high-speed Internet access and 32-inch flat screen LCD televisions.
Guests will find themselves conveniently located near many of Austin’s local attractions, all the way from the State Capitol to the famous Sixth Street nightlife filled with a host of bars, nightclubs and restaurants both upscale and locally renowned. The hotel is minutes from the University of Texas Austin and all other Longhorn activities. Guests will also enjoy Austin’s great weather year round with Lake Austin, Town Lake Hike and Bike Trail, and Riverside Golf Course, one of many nearby courses.
Our courteous staff is ready and eager to serve you. Come stay with us soon at the brand new BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin Airport Inn & Suites!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee
- Outdoor pool
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless Internet access; All guest rooms are hardwired for Internet access
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy machine
- Wedding services
- Meeting facilities
- Conference facilities
- Convenience store/Sundry
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Airport car 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Motor coach parking
BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin Airport Inn & Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus austin airport inn & suites in Austin.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin Airport Inn & Suites
Conveniently located, the best western plus austin airport inn & suites in Austin, Texas is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 30.220325 / Latitude: -97.691167
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Austin Bergstrom Airport. Exit airport and make left onto Hwy 71 West (Ben White Boulevard) go two miles and make right on Riverside Drive (traffic light). Make first right onto Discover Lane and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin Airport Inn & Suites is on the left.
From: I-35. Take the exit for Hwy 71 East (Ben White Boulevard) travel three miles and make left on Riverside Drive (traffic light). Make first right onto Discover Lane and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin Airport Inn & Suites is on the left.
From: Hwy 183. Take the exit for Hwy 71 West (Ben White Boulevard) travel 0.50 mile and make right on Riverside Drive (traffic light). Make first right onto Discover Lane and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin Airport Inn & Suites is on the left.
From: Toll Road I-130/45. Take the exit for Hwy 71 West (Ben White Boulevard) travel 2.5 miles and make right on Riverside Drive (traffic light). Make first right onto Discover Lane and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin Airport Inn & Suites is on the left.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin Airport Inn & Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Art has been an important part of the Austin culture since 1943, when Clara Driscoll donated her estate for art education. In 1961, the Austin Museum of Art was established as the Laguna Gloria Art Museum. By 1983, a 5,300 square-foot building was constructed on site, for art students. By the 1990's, the Austin Museum of Art was formed and the main exhibition space was moved to downtown Austin.
The Laguna Gloria estate has been renovated throughout the years and continues to offer art classes, film classes and art history classes. This national treasure site, located along Lake Austin, is also listed on the national register of historic places. While at this twelve-acre estate to view the art exhibitions, be sure to tour this beautiful Italianate-style villa and surrounding gardens. Stay close to this historic villa, as a guest of one of the local Best Western hotels and enjoy your time in the Austin.
Established in 1960, the Austin Nature & Science Center (ANSC) is a collection of hands-on nature exhibits and educational programs. Set on the banks of the Colorado River, ANSC is located in Austin’s Zilker Park.
ANSC activities include wildlife exhibits and the Dino Pit – both offering better ways to explore outdoor Texas in Hill Country. Don’t miss the Naturalist Workshop and Trade Counter and Beverly S. Sheffield Education Center during your time at ANSC.
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport began servicing Austin area airline passengers, in 1999. The airport is located south of Austin, adjacent to the site of the former Bergstrom Air Force Base, operational from 1942 to 1993. Once the Air Force Base closed, the majority of the base was demolished to build the airport. The original 12,250-foot runway was saved and renovated for commercial use at the airport. The original tower used by the Air Force was demolished and replaced by a new 20-story control tower.
This mixed-use commercial airport not only serves commercial aviation, but general aviation, the Texas Army National Guard, and the State Aircraft Pooling Board. Eleven commercial airlines provide nonstop airline service to 37 destinations. While waiting for a flight, enjoy the live music performed in the center of the terminal, in this "Live Music Capital of the World". While visiting Austin, choose one of the local Best Western hotels for a wonderful night's rest.
The oldest pool in Texas, Deep Eddy Pool is a public swimming pool built in 1915 and set in Austin. Operated by the City of Austin since 1935, Deep Eddy Pool is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and is considered a historic landmark in Texas Hill Country.
Open daily, Deep Eddy Pool is not chlorinated, but is fed with water from a 35-foot hand-dug well. The pool also features a historic, Depression-era bathhouse, a permanent, wildlife science exhibit, and a nearby playground.
Those enduring the hot summers in the Hill Country of Texas, have a wonderful respite for the heat. The Hamilton Pool Nature Preserve features a canyon, a collapsed grotto and fifty-foot waterfall, flowing from the Hamilton Creek. This historic swimming hole, formed from water erosion, dates back to 8,000 years ago, from the cultural remains found in the area. It became a popular swimming hole in the 1960s and continued through the late 1970s.
By 1980, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department named it the "most significant natural area in rural Travis County". This preserve is included in the 30,428-acre Balcones Canyonlands Preserve area. Through restoration, the vegetation is starting to grow back. Whether swimming in the cool water or hiking along the park trails, there is plenty of outdoor fun to be had, in the Austin area. Kick up your feet after a day of fun in the park, in a Best Western guest room and enjoy the comfortable accommodations and excellent guest services.
South central Texas residents and visitors looking for a nice place to relax, have a great option. Hippie Hollow Park, nestled along the shoreline of Lake Travis, encompasses on just over one hundred acres of land northwest of Austin. Swimming, boating, sunbathing and picnicking are popular activities in this beautiful park. This clothing-optional park is a wonderful respite away from the busy city of Austin.
Bird-watchers also have a fun time spying the endangered Golden-cheeked Warbler and the Black-capped Vireo birds that live in the park. Bring along comfortable shoes for a nice walk around the lake on the marked trails and make the most of your time outside. After a fun day outside, kick up your heels for a peaceful night's rest with Best Western hotels.
Set 20 miles southwest of downtown, Jester King Craft Brewery is set in Austin in stunning Texas Hill Country. Jester King offers everything from tours and tasting rooms to food and live music. Several craft beers are available throughout the year, including Le Petit Prince Farmhouse Table Beer, Noble King Hoppy Farmhouse Ale, Wytchmaker Farmhouse Rye India Pale Ale.
Tours and tastings are available every Saturday, while Jester King Craft beers are available in San Antonio, Dallas, Fort Worth and Houston, and most places in between. Enjoy your time at the Jester King Craft Brewery, and your night at a Best Western hotel in Austin.
The Jimmy Clay-Roy Kizer Municipal Golf Course, also locally known as the Roy Kizer Golf Course, is an ideal golf destination in Austin, TX. As you explore the entirety of the Austin area, you'll want to book a tee time at Roy Kizer Golf Course and enjoy 18 spectacular holes of golf.
Drive in from nearby cities like Bastrop, Round Rock, or Cedar Park and play the par 72, 18-hole gem – it's a sterling example of golf in Austin. The Roy Kizer Golf Course was opened in 1994, making it relatively new, and it was designed by Randolph Russell.
The hill country area of Austin Texas, is home to one of the thirteen presidential libraries in the United States, administered by the National Archives and Records Administration. In 1971, the Lyndon Baines Johnson Library & Museum was dedicated by former President Johnson on a thirty-acre site, next to the University of Texas at Austin. Former President Richard Nixon was in attendance at the dedication.
Stroll through this impressive library and museum, to view the historical documents totaling forty-five million pages, from former President Johnson's career. These documents, along with the items in the cultural and historical exhibits, are preserved for research. Before leaving the museum, browse the selection of items including clothing, books, gift items, videos and jewelry in the museum's Gift Store. Schedule plenty of time in the Austin area, to learn more about American History. Best Western hotels provides comfortable lodging and excellent guest services in Texas.
The South By Southwest Music Conference and Festival is an annual event at the Austin Convention Center in Austin. Over the years, the increased interest in film and high-tech companies influenced the festival, adding additional components to the mix. More than 30,000 registrants are expected to attend the Film and Interactive Events. The four-day Trade Show gives visitors an opportunity to meet and talk to leaders in the Music, Interactive and Film industries.
The Block Party and SXsaloon are perfect venues to network and have fun at the same time. Check out the Next Stage, where panelists, comedians, musicians and filmmakers show a sample of what's to expect during SXSWeek. Schedule plenty of time to attend the variety of events in this premier Austin event. Stay close to the action as a guest of one of the local Best Western hotels and enjoy your visit.
The State Capitol Complex in downtown Austin, is home to the 19th-century Renaissance Revival style Capitol building. Completed in 1888, the beautiful Capitol building is the largest of all the state capitols in square footage. Enjoy walking the grounds' 22-acres to view the seventeen monuments.
During your visit to the Capitol, schedule time to stroll through the Capitol Visitors Center, housed in the 1857 General Land Office Building. It remains the oldest state building in Texas. Enjoy a self-guided tour of the Visitors Center. While in Hill Country, stay close to the city attractions in a comfortable Best Western guest room.
Spanning 128 acres, the recently renovated Travis County Exposition Center is located in northeastern Austin near Decker Lake. Found in the Hill Country of Texas, the center features facilities like Luedecke Arena, the Skyline Club, the Show Barn, and the Banquet Hall.
The Travis County Exposition Center may be best known for hosting the annual Star of Texas Fair & Rodeo. The center also hosts a multitude of car shows, concerts, arts & crafts shows, and formal award ceremonies.
The flagship state university, the University of Texas was established in 1883, and is located in Austin. With award winning sports programs, highly recognized faculty, and a close proximity to nearby cities like Cedar Park, and Buda, UT is boasts one of the largest enrollments in Texas. UT features an expansive campus, with multiple colleges, libraries and even the Lyndon B. Johnson Library and Museum.
Recognized as "America's Best Sports College" by Sports Illustrated in 2002, UT features an array of highly touted sports programs, with football being the driving force. The Longhorns are an institution within the world of college football, dominating the Big 12 Conference throughout the 2000s. In the fall, Austin area visitors head to Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium for exciting college football games.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 3.00 mile(s) from Entertainment District, various entertainment
- 3.00 mile(s) from State Capitol, Building
- 4.00 mile(s) from Texas History Museum
- 4.00 mile(s) from Sixth Street, night life, bars, restaurants
- 4.00 mile(s) from IMAX, Theater
- 4.50 mile(s) from City Center, civic center
- 1.20 mile(s) from Callahan's General Store
- 2.20 mile(s) from HEB, grocery store
- 3.80 mile(s) from Walmart, super store
- 4.50 mile(s) from Texas I Mall, retail shops
- 10.00 mile(s) from Highland Mall, indoor retail shops
- 15.00 mile(s) from Domain, outdoor retail shops
- 15.00 mile(s) from Arboretum, outdoor retail shops
- 15.00 mile(s) from Barton Creek Square Mall, indoor retail shops
- 18.00 mile(s) from Hill Country Galleria, outdoor retail shops
- 20.00 mile(s) from Tanger Outlet Mall, large outlet center
- 20.00 mile(s) from Round Rock Premium Outlet, large outlet center
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 3.00 mile(s) from El Roy
- 10.00 mile(s) from Manor
- 10.00 mile(s) from Webberville
- 15.00 mile(s) from Bastrop
- 15.00 mile(s) from Pflugerville
- 15.00 mile(s) from Kyle
- 15.00 mile(s) from Buda
- 20.00 mile(s) from Round Rock
- 20.00 mile(s) from San Marcos
- 20.00 mile(s) from Lakeway
- 20.00 mile(s) from Elgin
- 20.00 mile(s) from Lockhart
- 25.00 mile(s) from New Braunfels
- 25.00 mile(s) from Cedar Park
- 30.00 mile(s) from Georgetown
- 0.10 mile(s) from Texas Parks & Wildlife, State
- 0.10 mile(s) from Verizon Communications, telecommunications
- 0.10 mile(s) from General Motors, automotive
- 1.00 mile(s) from Advanced Micro Systems, technology
- 1.00 mile(s) from Starkey Labs, technology /bio
- 3.00 mile(s) from BAE Systems, aerospace
- 3.50 mile(s) from Facebook, social networking
- 4.00 mile(s) from Freescale Semiconductor
- 10.00 mile(s) from Applied Materials, semiconductor
- 10.00 mile(s) from Cisco Systems, technology
- 15.00 mile(s) from Samsung, technology
- 18.00 mile(s) from Google, Internet
- 20.00 mile(s) from Dell, computer technology
- 20.00 mile(s) from IBM, computer technology
- 3.50 mile(s) from University Texas Austin
- 4.00 mile(s) from St. Edwards University
- 4.00 mile(s) from Huston Tillotson College
- 4.50 mile(s) from Austin Community College
- 10.00 mile(s) from Virginia College
- 11.00 mile(s) from Concordia University
- 13 mile(s) from Devry University
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- 2.50 mile(s) from Riverside Golf Course
- 4.00 mile(s) from Town Lake Trail, bike and hike trail
- 10.00 mile(s) from Zilker Park
- 15.00 mile(s) from Lake Austin
- Across the street from Denny's, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Waffle House, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Subway, deli, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.40 mile(s) from Mangia Pizza, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3.00 mile(s) from Threadgills, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 3.00 mile(s) from Patsy's Cowgirl Cafe, cafe, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Stubb's BBQ, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 6.00 mile(s) from Iron Cactus Mexican Grill, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
- 6.00 mile(s) from Carmelos Restaurant, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 6.00 mile(s) from Indian Kitchen, full service, Indian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Guero's, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Uchi Restaurant, full service, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Roaring Fork, full service, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Fogo De Chao, full service, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner, Brazilian Steakhouse...
- 7.00 mile(s) from Huts Hamburgers, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Sullivan's, full service, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner
- 8.00 mile(s) from Chuy's, full service, Mexican, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 8.00 mile(s) from P F Chang's China Bistro, full service, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner
- 8.00 mile(s) from Clay Pit, full service, Indian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 8.00 mile(s) from Fado Irish Pub, bar/lounge, International, open for: lunch, dinner
- 8.00 mile(s) from Truluck's Seafood, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 8.00 mile(s) from Ruth Chris, full service, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner
- 8.00 mile(s) from III Forks, full service, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner
BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin Airport Inn & Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Austin. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 The Marshall Tucker Band
The iconic classic rockers bring their plenthora of hits to the One World Theatre in Austin for one night only. The show starts at 9:30 p.m.
2015 Balloons over Horseshoe Bay Resort
Held at Horseshoe Bay Resort northwest of Austin, the annual Balloons over Horseshoe Bay Resort features over 20 hot air balloon displays, plus live music, great BBQ, and hot air balloon rides for all.
One of the most unique bands of the 1980s comes to the Austin360 Amphitheater for a night of progressive rock. The show begins at 8 p.m.
The 24th Annual LakeFest is held at Lake Lyndon B. Johnson just northwest of the Austin area near Marble Falls. Lake LBJ becomes a quarter-mile course for drag boat racing. Johnson Park also features food, games, and entertainment.
2015 Formula 1 United States Grand Prix
Racers from all over the world compete at the Circuit of The Americas in Austin during the 17th race of the F1 world championship.
2015 Austin City Limits Music Festival
Music fans of all genres won't want to miss the Austin City Limits Music Festival held annually at Zilker Park in Austin. The festival is held over two weekends, with start times varying by day.
2015 Austin Film Festival
The 2015 Austin Film Festival is an annual conference held in Austin. The 2015 AFF offers new, feature-length films like Growing Up Baumbach: A Tribute to Noah Baumbach’s 20 Years in Film – plus special events, seminars, and more.
2016 World's Largest Rattlesnake Roundup
Set in Sweetwater, the 2016 World's Largest Rattlesnake Roundup offers everything from a rattlesnake parade and carnival to dancing in the Jaycee Barn, the Sweetwater Rifle & Pistol Club Gun, Knife & Coin Show, a beard contest, and more. Held at the Nolan County Coliseum.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean