- HOTEL INFORMATION
- MAP & DIRECTIONS
- ATTRACTIONS & DINING
- LOCAL INTEREST
BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites
3635 Crooked Trl, San Antonio, TX 78227-4360
Phone: 210/298-8880 Fax: 210/298-8881 77 Rooms
Check In Time: 3:00 PM Check Out: 11:00 AM
Welcome to the new BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites located at Lackland Air Force Base near SeaWorld®, and Wilford Hall Air Force Hospital.
The service is top notch and the accommodations are contemporary and sophisticated. This brand new, upscale San Antonio hotel offers convenient access to many local attractions, shopping and dining options in and around the San Antonio area. Guests will enjoy sleek, spacious, well appointed guest rooms and suites. Each room features flat screen televisions with cable satellite and free wireless high-speed Internet access. This San Antonio hotel is 100% non-smoking.
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites features a cozy cocktail lounge right on the property. After a day of enjoying all that San Antonio has to offer, guests will enjoy taking a refreshing dip in the indoor heated swimming pool or working out in the fully equipped exercise facility. For those looking to host an event in San Antonio, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites is fully equipped with a business center, meeting and banquet facilities.
Travelers staying at this new Best Western will be close to all the area attractions while visiting San Antonio. This hotel is just minutes away from SeaWorld®, Fiesta Texas Six Flags® and Lackland Air Force Base. The location will place guests close to all the excitement and entertainment offered at San Antonio's downtown River Walk. Guests will also appreciate this hotel's proximity to numerous corporate and medical facilities, making conducting business from this Texas Best Western hotel easy and convenient.
The friendly, bilingual staff at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites is ready to ensure a memorable stay in San Antonio, Texas. Make a reservation today!
Escape to this new, contemporary San Antonio hotel Conveniently located near all of San Antonio’s prime attractions, including Sea World®, Lockland Air Force Base, Riverwalk and Wilford Hall Air Force Hospital.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% non-smoking including public areas
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee
- Cocktail lounge
- Indoor pool, heated
- Hot tub
- Exercise facility 24 Hour fitness center includes treadmill, elliptical, three-person weight station.
- Weight lifting equipment
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff, English and Spanish
- Guest laundry, nominal fee
- Dry cleaning
- Express check in, Best Western Rewards members
- Express check out, available at request
- Late check out, per request
- Safe deposit box, at front desk
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; free in-room wireless Internet access.
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services, for additional cost
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Audio/visual equipment
- Mail services
- Video billing, pay per view movies
- Meeting facilities, meeting room, board room
- Conference facilities
- Equipment rental
- Convenience store/Sundry
- Physically challenged services, staff onsite for assistance 24-hours a day.
- Hearing impaired services, staff onsite for assistance 24-hours a day.
- Physically challenged facilities, staff onsite for assistance 24-hours a day.
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Gift shop or newsstand
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Complimentary newspaper available at front desk
BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus atrea hotel & suites in San Antonio.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites
Conveniently located, the best western plus atrea hotel & suites in San Antonio, Texas is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 29.39564 / Latitude: -98.65376
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Dallas/Austin. Take 35 South exit Highway 90 West/San Antonio/Del Rio. Exit SW Loop 410 continuing on access road. Turn right at Starting Gate Road. Turn right at Crooked Trail. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites entrance will be on the left.
From: Houston. Take Interstate 10 West exit Highway 90 West/San Antonio/Del Rio. Exit SW Loop 410 continuing on access road. Turn right at Starting Gate Road. Turn right at Crooked Trail. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites entrance will be on the left.
From: El Paso. Take Interstate 10 East exit Loop 410 West. Exit Highway 90 and continue on access road. Turn right at Starting Gate Road. Turn right at Crooked Trail. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites entrance will be on left.
From: San Antonio International Take airport take Loop 410 West. Exit Highway 90 and continue on access road. Turn right at Starting Gate Road. Turn right at Crooked Trail. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites entrance will be on left.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Fort Sam Houston, named after the first President of the Republic of Texas, was built in 1876 near San Antonio. The Fort Sam Houston Quadrangle, the oldest structure at this United States Army Post, housed Geronimo and his fellow Apaches. The fort has served as the headquarters for the United States Army North, the United States Army South and the Medical Education and Training Campus.
Former President Dwight D. Eisenhower was posted twice at the fort, from 1915 - 1917 and again in 1941, during the attack on Pearl Harbor. He met his spouse Mamie Dowd at the fort. Their first home together is housed at the fort and is one of the fort's preserved historic monuments. Enjoy touring Fort Sam to learn more about its history. While in the Central Texas, rest comfortably with Best Western hotels.
For more than 100 years, baseball fans in San Antonio have been cheering on the San Antonio Missions, a minor league team. The Missions, a AA affiliate of the San Diego Padres, have played their games in the Nelson W. Wolff Municipal Stadium, since it was constructed in 1994. The stadium is named after Nelson W. Wolff, a former Texas State Senator and former San Antonio Mayor. He currently serves as the Bexar County Judge.
Located on the west side of San Antonio, The Wolff features fixed seats, luxury box seats, a picnic area and a large high roof. The total capacity of the stadium is approximately 9,500. Get your tickets to a Missions game or a University of Texas at San Antonio Roadrunners baseball game, for a fun day at the ballpark. While in the Alamo City, check into one of the local Best Western hotels to enjoy comfortable accommodations and excellent guest services.
The only brewstillery in Texas, the Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling is a combination brewpub and distillery set in San Antonio. Beers include Mission Trail Ale, Oatmeal Pale Ale, Mesquite Smoked Porter, and La Bestia Aimable, or try some handcrafted Texas Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
Set in northern San Antonio just east of the San Antonio International Airport, the Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling is a great stop during your tour of Texas Hilly Country breweries – and surrounded by plenty of Best Western hotels in San Antonio.
South Texas’ first distillery, Rebecca Creek Distillery is a privately held “Spirited Texas Distillery” located in San Antonio. This southern Texas, traditional copper pot distillery is home to two impressive spirits: Enchanted Rock Vodka and Rebecca Creek Fine Texas Spirit Whiskey.
Rebecca Creek Distillery also features free public tours, held on Saturdays from noon to 5 p.m. with no appointment necessary. Enjoy your day at the Rebecca Creek Distillery, and your night at a Best Western hotel in San Antonio.
History buffs have a lot of discovering to do in San Antonio. Five historical missions are located in San Antonio. The San Antonio Missions National Historical Park, managed by the National Park Service since 1983, preserves four of the Spanish frontier missions. The missions were built along the San Antonio River, between 1690 and 1720 to promote Christianity to the native settlers. The State of Texas operates the most famous and fifth mission, The Alamo.
The four missions included in the park are: Mision Nuestra Senora de la Purisima Concepcion de Acuna, also known as Mission Concepcion, Mission Espada, Mission San Jose and Mission San Juan Capistrano. The Archdiocese of San Antonio continues to operate regular catholic services in these missions. While in the park, also visit the Espada Aqueduct and the Ethel Wilson Harris House. Stop by the visitor center to get more information and sign up for a guided tour. After a day of touring the park, choose one of the local Best Western hotels for comfortable accommodations.
The San Antonio River Walk, started as a simple botanic garden along the San Antonio River in 1956. Through the years, improvements were made and the public park grew to become a five-mile stretch of restaurants, shops and attractions. River Walk is now one of the top tourist attractions in Texas, and hosts several events all year long. Enjoy strolling along the walkways, while admiring the beautiful River.
Visit this Hill Country attraction for an enjoyable day at the park or a fun night out. The Rivercenter Mall, the San Antonio Museum of Art, Arneson River Theatre and Pearl Brewery are all favorite stops along the River Walk. Schedule your visit to attend one of the annual festive events, such as Mardi Gras River Parade or the St. Patrick's Parade & Festival. Kick up your feet at the end of the day in one of the area Best Western hotels, for an enjoyable night's rest.
SeaWorld San Antonio is a wonderful family attraction in San Antonio. Schedule plenty of time to see all of the wonderful animal exhibits, shows and tours. Park favorites include Dolphin Cove, Penguin Encounter, Sharks and Coral Reef, Alligator Alley, the Azul Show and the One Ocean Show.
Reserve a spot in one of the exclusive park experiences, such as the Behind-the-Scenes Tour and Dolphin Discovery Tour. Those ready for more adventure, love riding the Great White and Steel Eel roller coasters, Journey to Atlantis water ride and the Rio Loco river ride. Kids love the Shamu Express kid-sized coaster. While visiting Central Texas, rest comfortably as a guest of Best Western hotels.
Six Flags Fiesta Texas, in San Antonio, is a 200-acre fun-filled amusement park for the whole family. Kids love the Amerigoround, Buckarooz, Taz's Tornado, Kiddee Koaster, Texas Treehouse and Yosemite Sam's Wacky Wagons. Thrill-seeking adults have a scream of a time on the Superman: Krypton Coaster, Scream, Poltergeist and Goliath, to name a few.
There is plenty to do, so be sure to plan ahead. The summer-time White Water Bay water park is filled with tubular water slides, water funnels and one of the largest wave pools in America. Throughout the season, a variety of park events and entertainment, featuring the Looney Tunes characters, complete your park visit. At the end of a great day, kick up your feet in a comfortable Best Western guest room, for a peaceful night's rest. Enjoy your time in the San Antonio area.
The Alamo, established in 1724 in San Antonio, was a home to missionaries for almost seventy years. During the 1800s, the mission housed a Spanish military unit. It became the living quarters for Revolutionaries and Royalists for ten years. During the Texas Revolution in 1836, Mexican military launched an attack on the Alamo. The Alamo is known as the "Shrine of Texas Liberty", for the sacrifice of the Texan soldiers.
During your Hill Country travels, be sure to visit the 4.2-acre Alamo complex, to learn more about its rich 300 year history. Stroll through the Shrine, Long Barrack Museum, the Gift Museum and the beautiful Alamo Gardens. Make the most of your visit by choosing one of the several Best Western hotels, for comfortable accommodations and an enjoyable night's rest.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1 mile(s) from Lackland AFB
- 3 mile(s) from Nelson Wolf Stadium, home of the San Antonio Missions
- 6 mile(s) from SeaWorld®, amusement park
- 10 mile(s) from Institute of Texan Culture, downtown
- 10 mile(s) from Alamo Dome, convention center/major events center
- 10 mile(s) from Convention Center, Henry B. Gonzales
- 10 mile(s) from San Antonio Children's Museum, downtown
- 10 mile(s) from San Antonio Museum of Art, downtown
- 10 mile(s) from Sunset Station, downtown
- 10 mile(s) from Tower of Americas, part of San Antonio's downtown
- 10 mile(s) from Witte Natural History and Science Museum
- 10 mile(s) from HemisFair Park, downtown park and playground
- 10 mile(s) from Historic Market Square, El Mercado, San Antonio's outdoor market
- 10 mile(s) from Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum, downtown
- 10 mile(s) from San Antonio Riverwalk, downtown
- 10 mile(s) from Alamo, the history of Texas' independence, downtown
- 11 mile(s) from San Antonio Missions National Park
- 13 mile(s) from AT&T Center, home of the Spurs
- 15 mile(s) from McNay Art Museum, art in the heart of Alamo Heights
- 15 mile(s) from Six Flags® Fiesta Texas, amusement park
- 17 mile(s) from San Antonio Zoo
- 25 mile(s) from Retama Park, live action horse racing track
- 12 mile(s) from Crossroads Mall
- 15 mile(s) from North Star Mall
- 20 mile(s) from La Cantera Mall
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 43 mile(s) from New Braunfels
- 74 mile(s) from San Marcos
- 85 mile(s) from Three Rivers
- 89 mile(s) from Austin
- 107 mile(s) from Round Rock
- 138 mile(s) from Eagle Pass
- 143 mile(s) from Alice
- 143 mile(s) from Del Rio
- 152 mile(s) from Laredo
- 153 mile(s) from Corpus Christi
- 165 mile(s) from Port Aransas
- 190 mile(s) from Waco
- 204 mile(s) from Houston
- 215 mile(s) from San Angelo
- 255 mile(s) from McAllen
- 285 mile(s) from Brownsville
- 285 mile(s) from Dallas
- 297 mile(s) from Port Isabel
- 315 mile(s) from Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
- 344 mile(s) from Odessa
- 477 mile(s) from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 519 mile(s) from Amarillo
- 553 mile(s) from New Orleans, Louisiana
- 556 mile(s) from El Paso
- 1 mile(s) from Lackland Air Force Base, military base
- 3 mile(s) from South West Research Center
- 3 mile(s) from Union Pacific Railroad Corporate Office
- 3 mile(s) from Port San Antonio, military airport
- 6 mile(s) from St. Mary's University
- 7 mile(s) from Our Lady Of The Lake University
- 8 mile(s) from Palo Alto College
- 13.8 mile(s) from San Antonio College
- 17.2 mile(s) from Trinity University
- 19.7 mile(s) from University of Texas at San Antonio
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Hot tub
- 15 mile(s) from Splash Town, water park
- 0.5 mile(s) from Jack In The Box, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Dany's, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Taqueria Vallarta, full service, Mexican, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Mexican restaurant.
- 1 mile(s) from China Rose, fast food, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3 mile(s) from Chili's, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3 mile(s) from Buffalo Wings, pub, American, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3 mile(s) from Carinos, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 5 mile(s) from Olive Garden, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner,
BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near San Antonio. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Bud Light River City Rockfest with Guns n' Roses
After a bumpy fall from the top, which cost him guitar god bandmate Slash, Axl Rose is back and ready to rock the AT&T Center along with fellow 90s powerhouse Alice In Chains. Asking Alexandria and Bullet for my Valentine bring a heavier, more modern sound from across the pond. Gates open at noon.
The "SNL" alum and "30 Rock" star brings his raucous brand of humor to the Empire Theater in San Antonio. The laughs begin 8 P.M.
Shakespeare in the Park: A Midsummer Night's Dream
This free production of Shakespeare's comedy classic is held on the lawn of the San Antonio Botanical Garden, where food, beer and wine will be available. Gates open at 6:30 P.M.
One of country music's best-known good ol' boys lights up the Alamodome in San Antonio. Gates open at 7:30 P.M.
Offering fun for families and sci-fi nerds alike, the event will feature live music, food, costumes, art and more. The Wonderland of the Americas Shopping Mall will host the event beginning at 10 A.M. Saturday.
Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
Boasting three rings of animal excitement, the country's most well-known circus rolls into the AT&T Center. The fun begins at 4 P.M.
Festival People en Espanol 2013
Two full days of live music and activities featuring some of The United States and Mexico's biggest Latino stars, including Gloria Estefan. Held at the Illusions Theatre at the Alamodome.
Heart Walk Kick-Off
The American Heart Association hosts this fundraising event at Nelson Wolff Stadium in San Antonio. Activities start at 5:30 P.M.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean