BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites
3635 Crooked Trl, San Antonio, TX 78227-4360
Phone: 210/298-8880 | Fax: 210/298-8881 | 77 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites!
If you’re coming to town to visit the SeaWorld® area and take in a show, rest assured that guests at our San Antonio hotel are minutes away from a world of fun.
We’re located at the Lackland Air Force Base and near the Wilford Hall Air Force Hospital, and we cater to service men and women, their loved ones and family. If you’re here for military business, medical tourism or to visit a loved one who’s stationed nearby, our friendly southern hospitality complements the best location in town to get to the base.
Enjoy being close to the downtown River Walk, an area where a romantic stroll goes hand in hand with a little local exploration. We’re just 10 miles away from the downtown area and near shopping centers and Six Flags® Fiesta Texas where legendary roller coasters await. Of course, you’re also just five miles away from SeaWorld® and just two miles away from Lackland Air Force Base and the hospital, making all your commutes easy.
Traveling is made simple when you’re four miles from Port San Antonio, the military airport and 34 miles from Kelly Field. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites is designed with your comfort in mind. Located at the base, our San Antonio hotel is also three miles from the South West Research Center, and we have designed our rooms to be homey and comfortable. Luxury bedding, spacious rooms and updated amenities are par for the course.
No matter what brings you to the area, staying in a great location surrounded by the best attractions gets any trip off to a great start. Mix in some leisure with your business or plan the family vacation of a lifetime. Our helpful staff members are always on hand to help you map out your itinerary and make the most of your time here.
Reserve a room at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites for the best rates in town!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% non-smoking including public areas
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee
- Cocktail lounge
- Indoor pool, heated
- Hot tub
- Exercise facility 24 Hour fitness center includes treadmill, elliptical, three-person weight station.
- Weight lifting equipment
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff, English and Spanish
- Guest laundry, nominal fee
- Dry cleaning
- Express check in, Best Western Rewards members
- Express check out, available at request
- Late check out, per request
- Safe deposit box, at front desk
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; free in-room wireless Internet access.
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services, for additional cost
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Audio/visual equipment
- Mail services
- Video billing, pay per view movies
- Meeting facilities, meeting room, board room
- Conference facilities
- Equipment rental
- Convenience store/Sundry
- Physically challenged services, staff onsite for assistance 24-hours a day.
- Hearing impaired services, staff onsite for assistance 24-hours a day.
- Physically challenged facilities, staff onsite for assistance 24-hours a day.
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Gift shop or newsstand
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Complimentary newspaper available at front desk
BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus atrea hotel & suites in San Antonio.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites
Conveniently located, the best western plus atrea hotel & suites in San Antonio, Texas is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 29.39564 / Latitude: -98.65376
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Dallas/Austin. Take 35 South exit Highway 90 West/San Antonio/Del Rio. Exit SW Loop 410 continuing on access road. Turn right at Starting Gate Road. Turn right at Crooked Trail. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites entrance will be on the left.
From: Houston. Take Interstate 10 West exit Highway 90 West/San Antonio/Del Rio. Exit SW Loop 410 continuing on access road. Turn right at Starting Gate Road. Turn right at Crooked Trail. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites entrance will be on the left.
From: El Paso. Take Interstate 10 East exit Loop 410 West. Exit Highway 90 and continue on access road. Turn right at Starting Gate Road. Turn right at Crooked Trail. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites entrance will be on left.
From: San Antonio International Take airport take Loop 410 West. Exit Highway 90 and continue on access road. Turn right at Starting Gate Road. Turn right at Crooked Trail. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites entrance will be on left.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Fort Sam Houston, named after the first President of the Republic of Texas, was built in 1876 near San Antonio. The Fort Sam Houston Quadrangle, the oldest structure at this United States Army Post, housed Geronimo and his fellow Apaches. The fort has served as the headquarters for the United States Army North, the United States Army South and the Medical Education and Training Campus.
Former President Dwight D. Eisenhower was posted twice at the fort, from 1915 - 1917 and again in 1941, during the attack on Pearl Harbor. He met his spouse Mamie Dowd at the fort. Their first home together is housed at the fort and is one of the fort's preserved historic monuments. Enjoy touring Fort Sam to learn more about its history. While in the Central Texas, rest comfortably with Best Western hotels.
For more than 100 years, baseball fans in San Antonio have been cheering on the San Antonio Missions, a minor league team. The Missions, a AA affiliate of the San Diego Padres, have played their games in the Nelson W. Wolff Municipal Stadium, since it was constructed in 1994. The stadium is named after Nelson W. Wolff, a former Texas State Senator and former San Antonio Mayor. He currently serves as the Bexar County Judge.
Located on the west side of San Antonio, The Wolff features fixed seats, luxury box seats, a picnic area and a large high roof. The total capacity of the stadium is approximately 9,500. Get your tickets to a Missions game or a University of Texas at San Antonio Roadrunners baseball game, for a fun day at the ballpark. While in the Alamo City, check into one of the local Best Western hotels to enjoy comfortable accommodations and excellent guest services.
The only brewstillery in Texas, the Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling is a combination brewpub and distillery set in San Antonio. Beers include Mission Trail Ale, Oatmeal Pale Ale, Mesquite Smoked Porter, and La Bestia Aimable, or try some handcrafted Texas Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
Set in northern San Antonio just east of the San Antonio International Airport, the Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling is a great stop during your tour of Texas Hilly Country breweries – and surrounded by plenty of Best Western hotels in San Antonio.
South Texas’ first distillery, Rebecca Creek Distillery is a privately held “Spirited Texas Distillery” located in San Antonio. This southern Texas, traditional copper pot distillery is home to two impressive spirits: Enchanted Rock Vodka and Rebecca Creek Fine Texas Spirit Whiskey.
Rebecca Creek Distillery also features free public tours, held on Saturdays from noon to 5 p.m. with no appointment necessary. Enjoy your day at the Rebecca Creek Distillery, and your night at a Best Western hotel in San Antonio.
History buffs have a lot of discovering to do in San Antonio. Five historical missions are located in San Antonio. The San Antonio Missions National Historical Park, managed by the National Park Service since 1983, preserves four of the Spanish frontier missions. The missions were built along the San Antonio River, between 1690 and 1720 to promote Christianity to the native settlers. The State of Texas operates the most famous and fifth mission, The Alamo.
The four missions included in the park are: Mision Nuestra Senora de la Purisima Concepcion de Acuna, also known as Mission Concepcion, Mission Espada, Mission San Jose and Mission San Juan Capistrano. The Archdiocese of San Antonio continues to operate regular catholic services in these missions. While in the park, also visit the Espada Aqueduct and the Ethel Wilson Harris House. Stop by the visitor center to get more information and sign up for a guided tour. After a day of touring the park, choose one of the local Best Western hotels for comfortable accommodations.
The San Antonio River Walk, started as a simple botanic garden along the San Antonio River in 1956. Through the years, improvements were made and the public park grew to become a five-mile stretch of restaurants, shops and attractions. River Walk is now one of the top tourist attractions in Texas, and hosts several events all year long. Enjoy strolling along the walkways, while admiring the beautiful River.
Visit this Hill Country attraction for an enjoyable day at the park or a fun night out. The Rivercenter Mall, the San Antonio Museum of Art, Arneson River Theatre and Pearl Brewery are all favorite stops along the River Walk. Schedule your visit to attend one of the annual festive events, such as Mardi Gras River Parade or the St. Patrick's Parade & Festival. Kick up your feet at the end of the day in one of the area Best Western hotels, for an enjoyable night's rest.
SeaWorld San Antonio is a wonderful family attraction in San Antonio. Schedule plenty of time to see all of the wonderful animal exhibits, shows and tours. Park favorites include Dolphin Cove, Penguin Encounter, Sharks and Coral Reef, Alligator Alley, the Azul Show and the One Ocean Show.
Reserve a spot in one of the exclusive park experiences, such as the Behind-the-Scenes Tour and Dolphin Discovery Tour. Those ready for more adventure, love riding the Great White and Steel Eel roller coasters, Journey to Atlantis water ride and the Rio Loco river ride. Kids love the Shamu Express kid-sized coaster. While visiting Central Texas, rest comfortably as a guest of Best Western hotels.
Six Flags Fiesta Texas, in San Antonio, is a 200-acre fun-filled amusement park for the whole family. Kids love the Amerigoround, Buckarooz, Taz's Tornado, Kiddee Koaster, Texas Treehouse and Yosemite Sam's Wacky Wagons. Thrill-seeking adults have a scream of a time on the Superman: Krypton Coaster, Scream, Poltergeist and Goliath, to name a few.
There is plenty to do, so be sure to plan ahead. The summer-time White Water Bay water park is filled with tubular water slides, water funnels and one of the largest wave pools in America. Throughout the season, a variety of park events and entertainment, featuring the Looney Tunes characters, complete your park visit. At the end of a great day, kick up your feet in a comfortable Best Western guest room, for a peaceful night's rest. Enjoy your time in the San Antonio area.
The Alamo at Night
The Alamo, established in 1724 in San Antonio, was a home to missionaries for almost seventy years. During the 1800s, the mission housed a Spanish military unit. It became the living quarters for Revolutionaries and Royalists for ten years. During the Texas Revolution in 1836, Mexican military launched an attack on the Alamo. The Alamo is known as the "Shrine of Texas Liberty", for the sacrifice of the Texan soldiers.
During your Hill Country travels, be sure to visit the 4.2-acre Alamo complex, to learn more about its rich 300 year history. Stroll through the Shrine, Long Barrack Museum, the Gift Museum and the beautiful Alamo Gardens. Make the most of your visit – choose one of several Best Western hotels in the area for comfortable accommodations and an enjoyable night's rest.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1 mile(s) from Lackland AFB
- 3 mile(s) from Nelson Wolf Stadium, home of the San Antonio Missions
- 6 mile(s) from SeaWorld®, amusement park
- 10 mile(s) from Institute of Texan Culture, downtown
- 10 mile(s) from Alamo Dome, convention center/major events center
- 10 mile(s) from Convention Center, Henry B. Gonzales
- 10 mile(s) from San Antonio Children's Museum, downtown
- 10 mile(s) from San Antonio Museum of Art, downtown
- 10 mile(s) from Sunset Station, downtown
- 10 mile(s) from Tower of Americas, part of San Antonio's downtown
- 10 mile(s) from Witte Natural History and Science Museum
- 10 mile(s) from HemisFair Park, downtown park and playground
- 10 mile(s) from Historic Market Square, El Mercado, San Antonio's outdoor market
- 10 mile(s) from Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum, downtown
- 10 mile(s) from San Antonio Riverwalk, downtown
- 10 mile(s) from Alamo, the history of Texas' independence, downtown
- 11 mile(s) from San Antonio Missions National Park
- 13 mile(s) from AT&T Center, home of the Spurs
- 15 mile(s) from McNay Art Museum, art in the heart of Alamo Heights
- 15 mile(s) from Six Flags® Fiesta Texas, amusement park
- 17 mile(s) from San Antonio Zoo
- 25 mile(s) from Retama Park, live action horse racing track
- 12 mile(s) from Crossroads Mall
- 15 mile(s) from North Star Mall
- 20 mile(s) from La Cantera Mall
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 43 mile(s) from New Braunfels
- 74 mile(s) from San Marcos
- 85 mile(s) from Three Rivers
- 89 mile(s) from Austin
- 107 mile(s) from Round Rock
- 138 mile(s) from Eagle Pass
- 143 mile(s) from Alice
- 143 mile(s) from Del Rio
- 152 mile(s) from Laredo
- 153 mile(s) from Corpus Christi
- 165 mile(s) from Port Aransas
- 190 mile(s) from Waco
- 204 mile(s) from Houston
- 215 mile(s) from San Angelo
- 255 mile(s) from McAllen
- 285 mile(s) from Brownsville
- 285 mile(s) from Dallas
- 297 mile(s) from Port Isabel
- 315 mile(s) from Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
- 344 mile(s) from Odessa
- 477 mile(s) from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 519 mile(s) from Amarillo
- 553 mile(s) from New Orleans, Louisiana
- 556 mile(s) from El Paso
- 1 mile(s) from Lackland Air Force Base, military base
- 3 mile(s) from South West Research Center
- 3 mile(s) from Union Pacific Railroad Corporate Office
- 3 mile(s) from Port San Antonio, military airport
- 6 mile(s) from St. Mary's University
- 7 mile(s) from Our Lady Of The Lake University
- 8 mile(s) from Palo Alto College
- 13.8 mile(s) from San Antonio College
- 17.2 mile(s) from Trinity University
- 19.7 mile(s) from University of Texas at San Antonio
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Hot tub
- 15 mile(s) from Splash Town, water park
- 0.5 mile(s) from Jack In The Box, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Dany's, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Taqueria Vallarta, full service, Mexican, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Mexican restaurant.
- 1 mile(s) from China Rose, fast food, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3 mile(s) from Chili's, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3 mile(s) from Buffalo Wings, pub, American, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3 mile(s) from Carinos, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 5 mile(s) from Olive Garden, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner,
BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrea Hotel & Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near San Antonio. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
San Antonio Spurs vs. Brooklyn Nets
The San Antonio Spurs defend their home court against the Brooklyn Nets at the AT&T Center in San Antonio. Tip-off is at 6 p.m.
The British boy band sensation brings the One Direction: Where We Are Tour to the Alamodome in San Antonio. Hearts melt at 7 p.m.
Holiday Arts & Crafts Show
Artists line the walkways of the San Antonio River Walk to share holiday crafts and other works fit for home and garden decor. Things get started at 5 p.m. each night.
The Disney star-turned-pop provocateur brings her Bangerz Tour to the AT&T Center in San Antonio. The show starts at 7 p.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean