BEST WESTERN Oasis of the Sun
9401 S Desert Boulevard, Anthony, TX 79821-5200
Phone: 915/886-3333 | Fax: 915/886-2521 | 62 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to BEST WESTERN Oasis of the Sun!
Hospitality is dished up in abundance at our Best Western Anthony, TX hotel, small town charm but with the perks of the big city.
Located minutes from West El Paso, Santa Teresa Port of Entry,and Las Cruces, NM. Right next to Wet-N-Wild Waterworld and near the Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino, our Anthony, TX hotel is a favorite for vacationing families. The Pan American Center is also in the neighborhood, and we welcome those on a getaway and business travelers alike.
FCI La Tuna and the Gadsden Independent School District also bring travelers to our hotel in Anthony, TX on a regular basis. The moment you arrive, your trip begins. Start the day with a full, free hot breakfast or a favorite snack since there's a microwave and refrigerator in every guest room. Relax before exploring concerts, sporting events and more at the Pan Am Center or spending the day golfing or hiking.
Near Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino, there's something for everyone close to our Best Western Anthony hotel. With a seasonal outdoor pool, however, you might just want to stick close to the property. A little sunbathing and soaking gets every vacation started right, especially when adjoining rooms make it easy for larger groups to stay connected. There's plenty of free truck/RV parking and easy access to I-10.
Our Best Western Anthony hotel is a home away from home for guests in town for the Balloon Festival and La Vina Wine Festival or to visit the Outlet Shops of El Paso. Extended cable with HBO® makes you feel right at home, whether you want a relaxing getaway or a vacation packed with adventure. Franklin Mountain State Park is a haven for outdoor lovers, and business travelers with McGregor Range, Fort Bliss, Mueller Inc., AccelorMital, Copart, Rb Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers®, and Gadsden Independent School District.
Reserve a room at the BEST WESTERN Oasis of the Sun today for a comfortable, memorable trip! Enjoy your stay!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless Internet access; All guest rooms are hardwired for Internet access
- Restaurant nearby, or within 500 feet of the hotel
- Complimentary full breakfast, Gluten Free and Soy Milk options available upon request, Hot options change daily, Choices of:, cereal, fruit, eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt and granola, juice, coffee, Texas shaped waffles.
- Complimentary breakfast
- Outdoor pool Outdoor Seasonal, May to September
- Hot tub Outdoor Seasonal, May to September
- Exercise facility, open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Weight lifting equipment Free Weights 5-50lbs dumbbells and bench
- Stair stepper Elliptical Machine
- Stationary bike
- 24-hour front desk
- Exterior corridor
- Multilingual staff (English, Spanish)
- Guest laundry, nominal fee, one washer and one dryer located in vending area.
- Dry cleaning, same day service available
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Late check out Upon Availability
- Safe deposit box
- Cable or satellite television, extended cable with HBO®
- Business center, PC and printer available
- Fax services nominal fee
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Mail services postal services, FedEx and UPS
- Meeting facilities Boardroom style meeting room.
- Multi-media use bar with USB and power connection
- Hearing impaired services TTY phones
- Physically challenged facilities 1 roll in shower, and grab bars in handicap rooms
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged limited spaces available
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking, 24-hours, free
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- High-speed Internet access
- In-house audio/visual services
BEST WESTERN Oasis of the Sun
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western oasis of the sun in Anthony.
BEST WESTERN Oasis of the Sun
Conveniently located, the best western oasis of the sun in Anthony, Texas is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 31.996577 / Latitude: -106.583981
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: El Paso.( I-10W ) Take Interstate 10W to Anthony Exit 0 (Zero). As you get on the off ramp take the Frontage Rd/Access Rd about 1.50 miles. As you go up the ramp, the BEST WESTERN Oasis of the Sun will be located on your left. At the stop lights turn left and go down Antonio Street until you come to Wildcat Drive. Turn left on Wildcat Drive approximately one fourth mile.
From: Las Cruces ( i-10E) Take Interstate 10E to Anthony Exit 0 (Zero). As you get off the off ramp, the BEST WESTERN Oasis of the Sun will be located directly in front of you. Continue going straight when you come to stop lights, stay on right lane as you enter the frontage road. Entrance will be approximately one fourth mile from the stop lights.
From: Santa Teresa Port Take Pete V Domenici Memorial Hwy continue onto Artcraft Rd. Make a left onto I-10W at the gateway. Exit on Exit 0 (zero) take frontage Rd. for about 1.5 miles BEST WESTERN will be located on the Left.
BEST WESTERN Oasis of the Sun
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Established in 1928 as the El Paso Municipal Airport, the El Paso International Airport is located northeast of El Paso. The three runways at this 6,800-acre El Paso airport support commercial and general aviation operations.
Commercial passengers have a choice of flying on five commercial airlines from the ELP's seven gates. While waiting for a flight, passengers enjoy free Wi-Fi, a business center, several restaurants and shops, car rental agencies, convenient parking, and ground transportation.
At the encouragement of Charles A. Lindbergh, the airport was used as a training base by the United States Army Air Forces during World War II. By 1968, the country's first 130-foot air traffic control tower was built.
Named after former Anthony police officer, Ernie Rascon Memorial Park now serves the residents of Anthony as the premier baseball facility in town. The park, featuring two fenced-in baseball diamonds, is open to the public, while also serving as the official baseball field of Anthony High School.
Ernie Rascon Memorial Park is located adjacent to several other parks among this quaint border town, including Henry Miramontes Memorial Park and Anthony Municipal Park. Altogether, the parks house some of the best grassy, shaded areas, picnic tables, sports areas, and playgroud equipment in the region.
The second largest installation in the United State Army, Fort Bliss is located in western Texas and eastern New Mexico – with headquarters in El Paso. Established in 1849, Ft. Bliss covers over 1,700 square miles.
Part of the United States Army Forces Command, the area is used primarily for missile and artillery training. Fort Bliss is also home to the Biggs Army Airfield, the El Paso Intelligence Center, and the Fort Bliss National Cemetery.
Located in the quaint border town of Anthony, Henry Miramontes Memorial Park delights its visitors with over 35 acres of sports, hiking trails, and picnic areas. The park is actually only a small portion of a larger park, including the Anthony Municipal Park, Ernie Rascon Memorial Park, and the Jerry F. Hall Soccer Complex – all are connected and make up an excellent recreational area.
The park, getting its namesake from former resident and veteran, also features several concrete slabs and tables – ideal for setting up grills for large parties. The park also houses a basketball court, shaded areas, and a public restroom as well.
Plan on a shopping spree the next time you visit Canutillo, TX. Head for The Outlet Shoppes at El Paso and find top sales and bargains in the area. Enjoy your visit to Texas with some great new purchases.
Established in 1914 and set in central El Paso, the University of Texas at El Paso is a branch of the University of Texas system. UTEP is a four-year, public university offering a wide range of degree programs. UTEP was originally founded as the Texas State School of Mines & Metallurgy, and has since evolved into the biggest university in the Big Bend region of Texas.
UTEP features 16 varsity sports teams competing in Conference USA. The UTEP Miners have seen moderate success in football and basketball, while boasting multiple championships in Men's Cross Country, and Men's Indoor and Outdoor Track & Field. Fall visitors into El Paso, or nearby Anthony, head to Sun Bowl Stadium for all the hard-hitting action of Miners football.
Located east of downtown El Paso, the Ysleta del Sur Pueblo is a sovereign nation established in 1682. This Native American tribe is one of three in Texas, and is home to more than 1,600 Tigua Indians. The tribe continues to conduct their ceremonial practices while operating rribal enterprises in west Texas.
Ysleta del Sur Pueblo is comprised of the villages of Ysleta, San Elizario, and Socorro – and their historic missions, museums, adobe buildings, cultural centers and retail shops. Visitors to the community are welcome to learn more about the Tigua Tribe during their time in the villages.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 2 mile(s) from LaTuna Federal Prison, closest Hotel to LaTuna Federal Prison. Special rates for employees, family and friends.
- 1.5 mile(s) from Wet-N-Wild Waterworld, water park
- 8 mile(s) from La Vina Winery, and vineyard
- 23 mile(s) from New Mexico State University
- 23 mile(s) from Pan American Center, a special events center
- 13 mile(s) from Sundland Park Racetrack, and Casino
- 9.1 mile(s) from Adventure Zone, kids play place
- 15 mile(s) from Western Playland, amusement park
- 6 mile(s) from Sombra Antigua, vineyard & winery
- 10 mile(s) from Chamberino Rugby Field, located minutes from hotel
- 10 mile(s) from Zin Valle Winery, and vineyard
- 11 mile(s) from Cinemark West, movie theatre
- 13 mile(s) from Cinemark Movie Bistro, movie theatre with bistro
- 16 mile(s) from Sunbowl, special events center
- 10 mile(s) from Miller Horse Farm, trail riding and riding academy
- 15 mile(s) from National Wildlife Park, wild life preservation park
- 13 mile(s) from Bob-O's Family Fun, kids play place
- 13 mile(s) from Chuck E. Cheese's, kids play place
- 8 mile(s) from Peter Piper Pizza, pizza and games
- 13 mile(s) from Fiesta Lanes, bowling alley
- 13 mile(s) from Middagh Horse Back Riding, El Paso trail rides
- 25 mile(s) from Old Mesilla, historic church with a plaza and shopping
- 30 mile(s) from Wyler Aerial Tramway, see the sights of the Franklin Mountain and El Paso
- 19 mile(s) from El Paso Ghost Tours, meets at various locations
- 30 mile(s) from Chamizal National, Monument Park
- 5.90 mile(s) from The Outlet Shoppe, Outlet Stores consist of: -Ann Taylor -Michael Kors -Gymboree -Nine West -Vans
- 11.00 mile(s) from Wal-Mart Super Center
- 13.00 mile(s) from Sundland Park Mall, Sunland Park Mall consists of: Macy's Dillards American Eagle New York & Company Sears Forever 21
- 23.00 mile(s) from Mesilla Valley Mall
- 25.00 mile(s) from Old Mesilla, historic shopping Billy the Kid Gift Shop
- 27.80 mile(s) from Fountains of Farah, Outlet stores -OshKosh -Nordstrom Rack -Pier One Imports -Carters
- 26.70 mile(s) from Cielo Vista Mall, Apple Store Dillards Sears Aldo Shoes Victoria Secret Regis Salon
- 24.60 mile(s) from Bassett, Target Premiere Cinema IMAX
- 0.20 mile(s) from Walgreens
- 1.20 mile(s) from Lowe's Big 8, Grocery Store
- 9.00 mile(s) from Albertson's, Grocery Store
- 0.10 mile(s) from 7-Eleven
- 3.40 mile(s) from WB Liquors
- 3.40 mile(s) from Al Knoch Interiors, Antiques Auto Interiors
- 3.40 mile(s) from Myer's Ace Hardware
- 2.00 mile(s) from Camping World
- 4.20 mile(s) from AutoZone
- 4.30 mile(s) from O'Reilly's Auto Parts
- 6.00 mile(s) from Discount Tire
- 6.50 mile(s) from Martin Tire
- 11.40 mile(s) from Pepboys
- 10.00 mile(s) from WingFoot Truck Care
- 11.40 mile(s) from Sprouts Farmers Market
- 5.10 mile(s) from Lone Star Tire
- 7.70 mile(s) from Circle K
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 7.00 mile(s) from biking
- 7.00 mile(s) from hiking
- 45.00 mile(s) from Aguirre Springs Campgroun
- 0.20 mile(s) from Wet-n-Wild Waterworld, water park Seasonal
- Adjacent to Burger King®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, with in walking distance.
- Adjacent to Subway®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, inside Pilot Truck Stop.
- 6 mile(s) from Starbucks®, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, located at 5650 N Desert Blvd, El Paso, TX.
- Adjacent to Wendy's®, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner, inside Pilot Truck Stop.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Great American Land & Cattle Co., full service. American, open for: lunch, dinner, located at 600 Valley Chili Rd, Anthony, TX.
- 1.30 mile(s) from Emilianos Mexican Food, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, serving pizza, wings and Mexican food located at 833 Main St, Anthony, TX.
- 1.30 mile(s) from Rose Garden Restaurant, full service, Mexican, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.30 mile(s) from Denny's®, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, located at 3001 Mountain Pass Blvd, Anthony, TX.
- 0.30 mile(s) from McDonald's®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, located on Mountain Pass Blvd, Anthony, TX.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Carl's Jr.®/Green Burrito, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, located at 2001 Mountain Pass Blvd, Anthony, TX.
- 5.40 mile(s) from The Little Diner, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, located at 7209 7th St, Canutillo, TX.
- 0.30 mile(s) from KFC®/Taco Bell®, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located at 1811 Antonio St, Anthony, TX.
- 11.00 mile(s) from Texas Roadhouse, full service, American, open for: dinner,
- 8.3 mile(s) from Rudy's Country Store and BBQ, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located at 6401 S Desert Blvd, El Paso, TX.
- 9.20 mile(s) from Applebee's®, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located at 440 E Redd Rd, El Paso, TX.
- 11.20 mile(s) from Chili's Grill & Bar®, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located at 7600 N Mesa St, El Paso, TX.
- 11.00 mile(s) from Cracker Barrel®, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, located at 7540 Remcon Circle, El Paso, TX.
- 9.60 mile(s) from Okazuri Floating Sushi on Boat Bar, full service, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner, located at 865 N Resler Dr, El Paso, TX.
- 9.60 mile(s) from Wingstop®, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located at 865 N Resler Dr, El Paso, TX.
- 8.90 mile(s) from Peter Piper Pizza, fast food, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, located at 5700 N Desert Blvd, El Paso, TX.
- 5.80 mile(s) from Yogulicious Frozen Yogurt, ice cream/dessert, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located at 7051 S Desert Blvd,Canutillo, TX.
- 10.60 mile(s) from Dunkin Donuts®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, located at 655 E Redd Rd, Ste 101, El Paso, TX.
BEST WESTERN Oasis of the Sun
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Anthony. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
See the most iconic monster trucks do what they do best in El Paso. Head to the Sun Bowl Stadium March 5th and 6th where you can see your favorites like Blue Thunder and Grave Digger mash, bash, and crash.
Yanni in Concert
Famous across the globe, Yanni graces El Paso with his presence on March 23rd at the Plaza Theatre. Buy your tickets now to see one of the most influential and popular keyboard players.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean