BEST WESTERN Garden Inn
11939 I-H 35 N, San Antonio, TX 78233-5312
Phone: 210/599-0999 | Fax: 210/599-6980 | 67 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
From adventure to pampering, you can have it all when you stay at our clean, spacious San Antonio hotel.
San Antonio hotels are a short drive from the Natural Bridge Caverns, a stunning masterpiece of Mother Nature that can't be missed. Our BEST WESTERN San Antonio has great customer service and a sparkling outdoor pool and spa too. A convenient location right off the highway makes us popular for all travelers, whether guests are here for business or pleasure. Enjoy a free breakfast with endless waffles and pastries, fruits and cereal, yogurt and 100% Arabica coffee or juice to start your morning.
The downtown River Walk is just 15 miles away and the Natural Bridge Caverns are ten miles from our San Antonio hotel. Alamo is 15 miles away and Morgan's Wonderland is also in the neighborhood, which is a must for vacationing families. The Morgan's Wonderland Accessible Amusement Park is the only park of its kind. However, if you prefer something more relaxing, visit the San Antonio Botanical Gardens 15 miles away. Shoppers can get their fix 30 miles away at the San Marcos Outlet Mall.
Our San Antonio hotel is a favored home away from home for business travelers with the amusement park, but also with service men and women. The Fort Sam Houston Army Base, SAMC Army Hospital and Randolph Air Force Base are all nearby. Whether you're here for duty or are visiting a loved one, our staff members revere southern hospitality and will make you feel welcome the moment you arrive.
Luxury bedding, cool private rooms and the best service in town make our San Antonio hotel stand out. Whether you're here for a weekend or an extended stay, you can count on us to make your stay the best it can be. You deserve to be treated like family, and that's what you'll get here. We go the extra mile to make you feel at home. How can we make your stay even better?
Book a well-appointed BEST WESTERN Garden Inn room today and enjoy an unbeatable value!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% Smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary continental breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, eggs, yogurt, juice, coffee and hot items
- Outdoor pool
- Exercise facility, 24 Hour, free
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Front Desk, 24-hour
- Exterior corridor
- Baggage hold
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Safe deposit box
- Cable television
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy services
- Mail services
- Meeting facilities
- Conference facilities
- Hearing impaired services
- Physically challenged facilities
- Parking for the physically challenged, 24 hour, free
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking, 24 hour
- Outdoor parking, 24 hour, free
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- High-speed Internet access
BEST WESTERN Garden Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western garden inn in San Antonio.
BEST WESTERN Garden Inn
Conveniently located, the best western garden inn in San Antonio, Texas is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 29.549525 / Latitude: -98.363345
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north. Exit 170 (Judson Road). Stay on Frontage Road to the BEST WESTERN Garden Inn.
From: The south. Exit 170 A (Judson Road). Make two left turns stay on Frontage Road the BEST WESTERN Garden Inn.
From: The east. 1604 East to 355 Exit 170 (Judson Road). Stay on Frontage Road to the BEST WESTERN Garden Inn.
From: The west. 1604 West to 355 Exit 170 (Judson Road). Stay on Frontage Road to the BEST WESTERN Garden Inn.
BEST WESTERN Garden Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Featuring over 100 events, the 11-day Fiesta celebration is the largest festival on the San Antonio calendar. Held annually throughout the San Antonio metropolitan area, the festivities take place in Alamo City spots like the La Villita Historic Arts Village, the River Walk, and – of course – the Alamo.
Established in 1891, the historic Fiesta event offers three massive parades like the Battle of Flowers Parade and the Fiesta Flambeau Parade, plus live music, great food, and carnival setting throughout SA.
Fort Sam Houston, named after the first President of the Republic of Texas, was built in 1876 near San Antonio. The Fort Sam Houston Quadrangle, the oldest structure at this United States Army Post, housed Geronimo and his fellow Apaches. The fort has served as the headquarters for the United States Army North, the United States Army South and the Medical Education and Training Campus.
Former President Dwight D. Eisenhower was posted twice at the fort, from 1915 - 1917 and again in 1941, during the attack on Pearl Harbor. He met his spouse Mamie Dowd at the fort. Their first home together is housed at the fort and is one of the fort's preserved historic monuments. Enjoy touring Fort Sam to learn more about its history. While in the Central Texas, rest comfortably with Best Western hotels.
For more than 100 years, baseball fans in San Antonio have been cheering on the San Antonio Missions, a minor league team. The Missions, a AA affiliate of the San Diego Padres, have played their games in the Nelson W. Wolff Municipal Stadium, since it was constructed in 1994. The stadium is named after Nelson W. Wolff, a former Texas State Senator and former San Antonio Mayor. He currently serves as the Bexar County Judge.
Located on the west side of San Antonio, The Wolff features fixed seats, luxury box seats, a picnic area and a large high roof. The total capacity of the stadium is approximately 9,500. Get your tickets to a Missions game or a University of Texas at San Antonio Roadrunners baseball game, for a fun day at the ballpark. While in the Alamo City, check into one of the local Best Western hotels to enjoy comfortable accommodations and excellent guest services.
The only brewstillery in Texas, the Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling is a combination brewpub and distillery set in San Antonio. Beers include Mission Trail Ale, Oatmeal Pale Ale, Mesquite Smoked Porter, and La Bestia Aimable, or try some handcrafted Texas Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
Set in northern San Antonio just east of the San Antonio International Airport, the Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling is a great stop during your tour of Texas Hilly Country breweries – and surrounded by plenty of Best Western hotels in San Antonio.
South Texas’ first distillery, Rebecca Creek Distillery is a privately held “Spirited Texas Distillery” located in San Antonio. This southern Texas, traditional copper pot distillery is home to two impressive spirits: Enchanted Rock Vodka and Rebecca Creek Fine Texas Spirit Whiskey.
Rebecca Creek Distillery also features free public tours, held on Saturdays from noon to 5 p.m. with no appointment necessary. Enjoy your day at the Rebecca Creek Distillery, and your night at a Best Western hotel in San Antonio.
History buffs have a lot of discovering to do in San Antonio. Five historical missions are located in San Antonio. The San Antonio Missions National Historical Park, managed by the National Park Service since 1983, preserves four of the Spanish frontier missions. The missions were built along the San Antonio River, between 1690 and 1720 to promote Christianity to the native settlers. The State of Texas operates the most famous and fifth mission, The Alamo.
The four missions included in the park are: Mision Nuestra Senora de la Purisima Concepcion de Acuna, also known as Mission Concepcion, Mission Espada, Mission San Jose and Mission San Juan Capistrano. The Archdiocese of San Antonio continues to operate regular catholic services in these missions. While in the park, also visit the Espada Aqueduct and the Ethel Wilson Harris House. Stop by the visitor center to get more information and sign up for a guided tour. After a day of touring the park, choose one of the local Best Western hotels for comfortable accommodations.
The San Antonio River Walk, started as a simple botanic garden along the San Antonio River in 1956. Through the years, improvements were made and the public park grew to become a five-mile stretch of restaurants, shops and attractions. River Walk is now one of the top tourist attractions in Texas, and hosts several events all year long. Enjoy strolling along the walkways, while admiring the beautiful River.
Visit this area attraction for an enjoyable day at the park or a fun night out. The Rivercenter Mall, the San Antonio Museum of Art, Arneson River Theatre and Pearl Brewery are all favorite stops along the River Walk. Schedule your visit to attend one of the annual festive events, such as Mardi Gras River Parade or the St. Patrick's Parade & Festival. Kick up your feet at the end of the day in one of the area Best Western hotels, for an enjoyable night's rest.
SeaWorld San Antonio is a wonderful family attraction in San Antonio. Schedule plenty of time to see all of the wonderful animal exhibits, shows and tours. Park favorites include Dolphin Cove, Penguin Encounter, Sharks and Coral Reef, Alligator Alley, the Azul Show and the One Ocean Show.
Reserve a spot in one of the exclusive park experiences, such as the Behind-the-Scenes Tour and Dolphin Discovery Tour. Those ready for more adventure, love riding the Great White and Steel Eel roller coasters, Journey to Atlantis water ride and the Rio Loco river ride. Kids love the Shamu Express kid-sized coaster. While visiting Central Texas, rest comfortably as a guest of Best Western hotels.
Six Flags Fiesta Texas, in San Antonio, is a 200-acre fun-filled amusement park for the whole family. Kids love the Amerigoround, Buckarooz, Taz's Tornado, Kiddee Koaster, Texas Treehouse and Yosemite Sam's Wacky Wagons. Thrill-seeking adults have a scream of a time on the Superman: Krypton Coaster, Scream, Poltergeist and Goliath, to name a few.
There is plenty to do, so be sure to plan ahead. The summer-time White Water Bay water park is filled with tubular water slides, water funnels and one of the largest wave pools in America. Throughout the season, a variety of park events and entertainment, featuring the Looney Tunes characters, complete your park visit. At the end of a great day, kick up your feet in a comfortable Best Western guest room, for a peaceful night's rest. Enjoy your time in the San Antonio area.
The Alamo at Night
The Alamo, established in 1724 in San Antonio, was a home to missionaries for almost seventy years. During the 1800s, the mission housed a Spanish military unit. It became the living quarters for Revolutionaries and Royalists for ten years. During the Texas Revolution in 1836, Mexican military launched an attack on the Alamo. The Alamo is known as the "Shrine of Texas Liberty", for the sacrifice of the Texan soldiers.
During your Hill Country travels, be sure to visit the 4.2-acre Alamo complex, to learn more about its rich 300 year history. Stroll through the Shrine, Long Barrack Museum, the Gift Museum and the beautiful Alamo Gardens. Make the most of your visit – choose one of several Best Western hotels in the area for comfortable accommodations and an enjoyable night's rest.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 3.00 mile(s) from Verizon Amphitheater
- 3.00 mile(s) from Live Oak Cinema
- 3.00 mile(s) from Retana Race Track, horse racing
- 3.00 mile(s) from Randolph Air Force Base
- 8.00 mile(s) from Fort Sam Houston, Army Base
- 8.00 mile(s) from Gruene, historic town
- 10.00 mile(s) from Natural Bridge Cavern, caves
- 15.00 mile(s) from downtown Riverwalk
- 15.00 mile(s) from Alamo
- 15.00 mile(s) from Henry B. Gonzalez Convent
- 15.00 mile(s) from San Antonio Botanical Gardens
- 15.00 mile(s) from IMAX®, giant screen theater
- 20.00 mile(s) from San Antonio Zoo
- 30.00 mile(s) from SeaWorld®, theme park
- 30.00 mile(s) from Hill Country Vineyards
- 50.00 mile(s) from Inner Space Caverns
- 0.50 mile(s) from convenience store
- 0.50 mile(s) from gift shop
- 0.50 mile(s) from Walgreen's
- 1.50 mile(s) from Office Max
- 12.00 mile(s) from North Star Mall
- 30.00 mile(s) from San Marcos Outlet Mall
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 1.00 mile(s) from Live Oak
- 2.00 mile(s) from Univerbe_att%sal City
- 3.00 mile(s) from Schertz
- 3.00 mile(s) from Selma
- 3.00 mile(s) from Cibilo
- 12.00 mile(s) from New Braunfels
- 35.00 mile(s) from San Marcos
- 65.00 mile(s) from Austin
- 8.00 mile(s) from BAMC, Army Hospital
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- 1.50 mile(s) from billiards/pool tables
- 2.00 mile(s) from bowling
- 2.00 mile(s) from health club with cardiovascular exercise, aerobics, racquetball
- 3.00 mile(s) from dancing
- 4.00 mile(s) from Retana Park, horse racing, soccer
- 6.00 mile(s) from driving range
- 7.00 mile(s) from Universal City Municipal
- 8.00 mile(s) from SBC Center
- 10.00 mile(s) from fishing
- 10.00 mile(s) from ice skating
- 15.00 mile(s) from Alamo Dome Arena, downtown
- 15.00 mile(s) from Texas Cultural Activity Center
- 15.00 mile(s) from sightseeing tours
- 0.10 mile(s) from Jims, coffee shop, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 24-hours
- 0.10 mile(s) from Sonic, fast food, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Jack in the Box, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 24-hours
- 0.10 mile(s) from McDonald's®, fast food, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Outback Steakhouse, steakhouse, open for: lunch, dinner, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Macaroni Grill, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 2.00 mile(s) from TGIF, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Olive Garden, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- 3.00 mile(s) from IHOP, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Seven Seas, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Texas Roadhouse, Steakhouse, open for: lunch, dinner, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Peter Piper Pizza, open for: lunch, dinner, pizza, 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Panda Express, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner, 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Salsalito, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Mama's Cafe, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
BEST WESTERN Garden Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near San Antonio. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
The British boy band sensation brings the One Direction: Where We Are Tour to the Alamodome in San Antonio. Hearts melt at 7 p.m.
AT&T Championship Head out to the AT&T Canyons Course and enjoy a day in the sun watching this golf tournament. Tee times vary.
Valero Texas Open Over 140 players converge on the AT&T Oaks Course in San Antonio for this golf tournament. Times vary per day.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean