- HOTEL INFORMATION
- MAP & DIRECTIONS
- ATTRACTIONS & DINING
- LOCAL INTEREST
BEST WESTERN Garden Inn
11939 I-H 35 N, San Antonio, TX 78233-5312
Phone: 210/599-0999 Fax: 210/599-6980 67 Rooms
Check In Time: 3:00 PM Check Out: 11:00 AM
Come and enjoy the comfort and relaxation at the newly renovated BEST WESTERN Garden Inn, conveniently located north of downtown San Antonio, directly off IH-35N.
Here at the BEST WESTERN Garden Inn we have several types of rooms for you to choose from; smoking, non-smoking, one king bed or two queen beds, ask about our whirlpool rooms. Handicap accessible rooms are also available upon request. .
All of our rooms here at BEST WESTERN Garden Inn are fully equipped with refrigerator, microwave, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, coffee makers, and for all you web surfers - high-speed Internet!
Come lounge out by our oversized sparkling pool or take a dip and relax in our outdoor hot tub. We also offer a fully equipped fitness center on-site!
In the morning stop by our lobby and come have breakfast on us. Offering the tastiest deluxe continental breakfast this side of Alamo, including Texas-shaped waffles, toast, bagels and cream cheese, assorted Danish, fruit, coffee, tea, fruit juices and cereals.
BEST WESTERN Garden Inn is conveniently located within a few miles of great shopping and restaurants. We're located just eight miles from the San Antonio airport, and 15 miles from downtown San Antonio and the famous Riverwalk!
So come and let BEST WESTERN Garden Inn make sure your stay in San Antonio is a pleasant and memorable one.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Complimentary continental breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, eggs, yogurt, juice, coffee and hot items
- Outdoor pool
- Exercise facility, 24 Hour, free
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Front Desk, 24-hour
- Exterior corridor
- Baggage hold
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Safe deposit box
- Cable television
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy services
- Mail services
- Meeting facilities
- Conference facilities
- Hearing impaired services
- Physically challenged facilities
- Parking for the physically challenged, 24 hour, free
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking, 24 hour
- Outdoor parking, 24 hour, free
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- High-speed Internet access
BEST WESTERN Garden Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western garden inn in San Antonio.
BEST WESTERN Garden Inn
Conveniently located, the best western garden inn in San Antonio, Texas is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 29.549525 / Latitude: -98.363345
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north. Exit 170 (Judson Road). Stay on Frontage Road to the BEST WESTERN Garden Inn.
From: The south. Exit 170 A (Judson Road). Make two left turns stay on Frontage Road the BEST WESTERN Garden Inn.
From: The east. 1604 East to 355 Exit 170 (Judson Road). Stay on Frontage Road to the BEST WESTERN Garden Inn.
From: The west. 1604 West to 355 Exit 170 (Judson Road). Stay on Frontage Road to the BEST WESTERN Garden Inn.
BEST WESTERN Garden Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Fort Sam Houston, named after the first President of the Republic of Texas, was built in 1876 near San Antonio. The Fort Sam Houston Quadrangle, the oldest structure at this United States Army Post, housed Geronimo and his fellow Apaches. The fort has served as the headquarters for the United States Army North, the United States Army South and the Medical Education and Training Campus.
Former President Dwight D. Eisenhower was posted twice at the fort, from 1915 - 1917 and again in 1941, during the attack on Pearl Harbor. He met his spouse Mamie Dowd at the fort. Their first home together is housed at the fort and is one of the fort's preserved historic monuments. Enjoy touring Fort Sam to learn more about its history. While in the Central Texas, rest comfortably with Best Western hotels.
For more than 100 years, baseball fans in San Antonio have been cheering on the San Antonio Missions, a minor league team. The Missions, a AA affiliate of the San Diego Padres, have played their games in the Nelson W. Wolff Municipal Stadium, since it was constructed in 1994. The stadium is named after Nelson W. Wolff, a former Texas State Senator and former San Antonio Mayor. He currently serves as the Bexar County Judge.
Located on the west side of San Antonio, The Wolff features fixed seats, luxury box seats, a picnic area and a large high roof. The total capacity of the stadium is approximately 9,500. Get your tickets to a Missions game or a University of Texas at San Antonio Roadrunners baseball game, for a fun day at the ballpark. While in the Alamo City, check into one of the local Best Western hotels to enjoy comfortable accommodations and excellent guest services.
The only brewstillery in Texas, the Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling is a combination brewpub and distillery set in San Antonio. Beers include Mission Trail Ale, Oatmeal Pale Ale, Mesquite Smoked Porter, and La Bestia Aimable, or try some handcrafted Texas Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
Set in northern San Antonio just east of the San Antonio International Airport, the Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling is a great stop during your tour of Texas Hilly Country breweries – and surrounded by plenty of Best Western hotels in San Antonio.
South Texas’ first distillery, Rebecca Creek Distillery is a privately held “Spirited Texas Distillery” located in San Antonio. This southern Texas, traditional copper pot distillery is home to two impressive spirits: Enchanted Rock Vodka and Rebecca Creek Fine Texas Spirit Whiskey.
Rebecca Creek Distillery also features free public tours, held on Saturdays from noon to 5 p.m. with no appointment necessary. Enjoy your day at the Rebecca Creek Distillery, and your night at a Best Western hotel in San Antonio.
History buffs have a lot of discovering to do in San Antonio. Five historical missions are located in San Antonio. The San Antonio Missions National Historical Park, managed by the National Park Service since 1983, preserves four of the Spanish frontier missions. The missions were built along the San Antonio River, between 1690 and 1720 to promote Christianity to the native settlers. The State of Texas operates the most famous and fifth mission, The Alamo.
The four missions included in the park are: Mision Nuestra Senora de la Purisima Concepcion de Acuna, also known as Mission Concepcion, Mission Espada, Mission San Jose and Mission San Juan Capistrano. The Archdiocese of San Antonio continues to operate regular catholic services in these missions. While in the park, also visit the Espada Aqueduct and the Ethel Wilson Harris House. Stop by the visitor center to get more information and sign up for a guided tour. After a day of touring the park, choose one of the local Best Western hotels for comfortable accommodations.
The San Antonio River Walk, started as a simple botanic garden along the San Antonio River in 1956. Through the years, improvements were made and the public park grew to become a five-mile stretch of restaurants, shops and attractions. River Walk is now one of the top tourist attractions in Texas, and hosts several events all year long. Enjoy strolling along the walkways, while admiring the beautiful River.
Visit this Hill Country attraction for an enjoyable day at the park or a fun night out. The Rivercenter Mall, the San Antonio Museum of Art, Arneson River Theatre and Pearl Brewery are all favorite stops along the River Walk. Schedule your visit to attend one of the annual festive events, such as Mardi Gras River Parade or the St. Patrick's Parade & Festival. Kick up your feet at the end of the day in one of the area Best Western hotels, for an enjoyable night's rest.
SeaWorld San Antonio is a wonderful family attraction in San Antonio. Schedule plenty of time to see all of the wonderful animal exhibits, shows and tours. Park favorites include Dolphin Cove, Penguin Encounter, Sharks and Coral Reef, Alligator Alley, the Azul Show and the One Ocean Show.
Reserve a spot in one of the exclusive park experiences, such as the Behind-the-Scenes Tour and Dolphin Discovery Tour. Those ready for more adventure, love riding the Great White and Steel Eel roller coasters, Journey to Atlantis water ride and the Rio Loco river ride. Kids love the Shamu Express kid-sized coaster. While visiting Central Texas, rest comfortably as a guest of Best Western hotels.
Six Flags Fiesta Texas, in San Antonio, is a 200-acre fun-filled amusement park for the whole family. Kids love the Amerigoround, Buckarooz, Taz's Tornado, Kiddee Koaster, Texas Treehouse and Yosemite Sam's Wacky Wagons. Thrill-seeking adults have a scream of a time on the Superman: Krypton Coaster, Scream, Poltergeist and Goliath, to name a few.
There is plenty to do, so be sure to plan ahead. The summer-time White Water Bay water park is filled with tubular water slides, water funnels and one of the largest wave pools in America. Throughout the season, a variety of park events and entertainment, featuring the Looney Tunes characters, complete your park visit. At the end of a great day, kick up your feet in a comfortable Best Western guest room, for a peaceful night's rest. Enjoy your time in the San Antonio area.
The Alamo, established in 1724 in San Antonio, was a home to missionaries for almost seventy years. During the 1800s, the mission housed a Spanish military unit. It became the living quarters for Revolutionaries and Royalists for ten years. During the Texas Revolution in 1836, Mexican military launched an attack on the Alamo. The Alamo is known as the "Shrine of Texas Liberty", for the sacrifice of the Texan soldiers.
During your Hill Country travels, be sure to visit the 4.2-acre Alamo complex, to learn more about its rich 300 year history. Stroll through the Shrine, Long Barrack Museum, the Gift Museum and the beautiful Alamo Gardens. Make the most of your visit by choosing one of the several Best Western hotels, for comfortable accommodations and an enjoyable night's rest.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 3.00 mile(s) from Verizon Amphitheater
- 3.00 mile(s) from Live Oak Cinema
- 3.00 mile(s) from Retana Race Track, horse racing
- 3.00 mile(s) from Randolph Air Force Base
- 8.00 mile(s) from Fort Sam Houston, Army Base
- 8.00 mile(s) from Gruene, historic town
- 10.00 mile(s) from Natural Bridge Cavern, caves
- 15.00 mile(s) from downtown Riverwalk
- 15.00 mile(s) from Alamo
- 15.00 mile(s) from Henry B. Gonzalez Convent
- 15.00 mile(s) from San Antonio Botanical Gardens
- 15.00 mile(s) from IMAX®, giant screen theater
- 20.00 mile(s) from San Antonio Zoo
- 30.00 mile(s) from SeaWorld®, theme park
- 30.00 mile(s) from Hill Country Vineyards
- 50.00 mile(s) from Inner Space Caverns
- 0.50 mile(s) from convenience store
- 0.50 mile(s) from gift shop
- 0.50 mile(s) from Walgreen's
- 1.50 mile(s) from Office Max
- 12.00 mile(s) from North Star Mall
- 30.00 mile(s) from San Marcos Outlet Mall
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 1.00 mile(s) from Live Oak
- 2.00 mile(s) from Univerbe_att%sal City
- 3.00 mile(s) from Schertz
- 3.00 mile(s) from Selma
- 3.00 mile(s) from Cibilo
- 12.00 mile(s) from New Braunfels
- 35.00 mile(s) from San Marcos
- 65.00 mile(s) from Austin
- 8.00 mile(s) from BAMC, Army Hospital
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- 1.50 mile(s) from billiards/pool tables
- 2.00 mile(s) from bowling
- 2.00 mile(s) from health club with cardiovascular exercise, aerobics, racquetball
- 3.00 mile(s) from dancing
- 4.00 mile(s) from Retana Park, horse racing, soccer
- 6.00 mile(s) from driving range
- 7.00 mile(s) from Universal City Municipal
- 8.00 mile(s) from SBC Center
- 10.00 mile(s) from fishing
- 10.00 mile(s) from ice skating
- 15.00 mile(s) from Alamo Dome Arena, downtown
- 15.00 mile(s) from Texas Cultural Activity Center
- 15.00 mile(s) from sightseeing tours
- 0.10 mile(s) from Jims, coffee shop, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 24-hours
- 0.10 mile(s) from Sonic, fast food, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Jack in the Box, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 24-hours
- 0.10 mile(s) from McDonald's®, fast food, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Outback Steakhouse, steakhouse, open for: lunch, dinner, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Macaroni Grill, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 2.00 mile(s) from TGIF, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Olive Garden, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- 3.00 mile(s) from IHOP, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Seven Seas, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Texas Roadhouse, Steakhouse, open for: lunch, dinner, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Peter Piper Pizza, open for: lunch, dinner, pizza, 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Panda Express, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner, 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Salsalito, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Mama's Cafe, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
BEST WESTERN Garden Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near San Antonio. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Bud Light River City Rockfest with Guns n' Roses
After a bumpy fall from the top, which cost him guitar god bandmate Slash, Axl Rose is back and ready to rock the AT&T Center along with fellow 90s powerhouse Alice In Chains. Asking Alexandria and Bullet for my Valentine bring a heavier, more modern sound from across the pond. Gates open at noon.
The "SNL" alum and "30 Rock" star brings his raucous brand of humor to the Empire Theater in San Antonio. The laughs begin 8 P.M.
Shakespeare in the Park: A Midsummer Night's Dream
This free production of Shakespeare's comedy classic is held on the lawn of the San Antonio Botanical Garden, where food, beer and wine will be available. Gates open at 6:30 P.M.
One of country music's best-known good ol' boys lights up the Alamodome in San Antonio. Gates open at 7:30 P.M.
Offering fun for families and sci-fi nerds alike, the event will feature live music, food, costumes, art and more. The Wonderland of the Americas Shopping Mall will host the event beginning at 10 A.M. Saturday.
Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
Boasting three rings of animal excitement, the country's most well-known circus rolls into the AT&T Center. The fun begins at 4 P.M.
Festival People en Espanol 2013
Two full days of live music and activities featuring some of The United States and Mexico's biggest Latino stars, including Gloria Estefan. Held at the Illusions Theatre at the Alamodome.
Heart Walk Kick-Off
The American Heart Association hosts this fundraising event at Nelson Wolff Stadium in San Antonio. Activities start at 5:30 P.M.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean