BEST WESTERN Atrium North
7928 Gessner Drive, Austin, TX 78753-6506
Phone: 512/339-7311 | Fax: 512/339-3687 | 117 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
BEST WESTERN Atrium North is located in the heart of North Austin with easy access to all the major highways and provides ideal accommodations for all type of travelers. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the BEST WESTERN Atrium North has it all!
Within reach of the famous Austin Convention Center, the Texas State Capitol, and the Bob Bullock Museum. J.J. Pickle Research Campus and LBJ Library, this location is also a home to many large corporations including IBM, Siemens, AT&T, Citizens Insurance and not to forget our pride of the Texas Longhorns at University of Texas Austin.
The hotel is located within six miles away from the 6th Street entertainment district and the Arboretum & Domain Shopping Centers, where you can enjoy many fabulous restaurants, shopping, and other sights and sounds of Austin, Texas.
BEST WESTERN Atrium North offers exceptional amenities, superior customer service and a convenient location at an attractive rate. Enjoy our spacious rooms with complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access, cable satellite television, and refrigerator, microwave and coffee service.
Our guests are greeted with a complimentary full hot breakfast, and can indulge in our indoor heated-swimming pool with a dry sauna, and a 24-hour gym facility. Our business center area is available to our guests for quick and convenient internet browsing and printing.
BEST WESTERN Atrium North is an atrium-style hotel with direct interior access to the rooms. Our sleeping rooms are offered with a variety of options such as smoking and non-smoking preferences, handicap accessible, and standard rooms or upgraded whirlpool rooms.
We are a pet friendly hotel where we welcome your pet, up to 20 pounds. Service animals are always welcome with no weight limit.
With our around-the-clock professional and attentive guest service team, your stay with us will be comfortable and memorable. We look forward to welcoming you to our BEST WESTERN Atrium North.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, juice & coffee, sausage, bacon, biscuits & gravy. Along with made-to-order eggs, waffles and pancak.
- Complimentary breakfast
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge front desk agent
- Safe deposit box
- Indoor pool heated 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Multilingual staff, English, Spanish, Arabic
- Express check out
- Steam room, 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities
- Business center, 24-hour, free
- Exercise facility, 24 Hour
- Weight lifting equipment
- Stair stepper
- Interior corridor
- Late check out, upon availability
- Children's activities indoor heated swimming pool
- Cable or satellite television, DirecTV®
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; free in-room wireless Internet access; free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms, Free high-speed Internet access
- Fax services front desk
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy services
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Complimentary coffee in breakfast area
- Free newspaper available at front desk and breakfast area
BEST WESTERN Atrium North
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western atrium north in Austin.
BEST WESTERN Atrium North
Conveniently located, the best western atrium north in Austin, Texas is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 30.343755 / Latitude: -97.702925
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: the Airport. Take TX-71 West towards 183 North. Take the ramp and stay onto US-183, then take the exit onto East Anderson Lane. Turn Right on to Gessner Drive, and the Hotel will be on the left side
From: the South from 35 Traveling on Interstate Highway 35 heading north, take Exit 240A. Come up to the second stoplight and turn left on East Anderson Lane, then right on Gessner Drive. The BEST WESTERN Atrium North is on the left side.
From: the South from 183 Traveling on Highway 183 heading north, take the exit onto East Anderson Lane then turn Right on to Gessner Drive. The BEST WESTERN Atrium North is on the left side.
From: the North from 35 Traveling on Interstate Highway 35 heading south, take exit 240 A. Come up to the stoplight and turn right on East Anderson Lane then right onto Gessner Drive. The BEST WESTERN Atrium North is on the left side.
From: the north from 183 Traveling Highway 183 heading south, take the exit for I-35 North/Waco. Merge onto West Anderson Lane, the left on Gessner Drive. The BEST WESTERN Atrium North is on the left side.
From: the East from 290 Traveling on Highway 290 heading west, take the exit for I-35 North, and stay until taking Exit 240A. Come up to the second stoplight and turn left on East Anderson Lane, then right on Gessner Drive. The BEST WESTERN Atrium North is on the left side.
BEST WESTERN Atrium North
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Art has been an important part of the Austin culture since 1943, when Clara Driscoll donated her estate for art education. In 1961, the Austin Museum of Art was established as the Laguna Gloria Art Museum. By 1983, a 5,300 square-foot building was constructed on site, for art students. By the 1990's, the Austin Museum of Art was formed and the main exhibition space was moved to downtown Austin.
The Laguna Gloria estate has been renovated throughout the years and continues to offer art classes, film classes and art history classes. This national treasure site, located along Lake Austin, is also listed on the national register of historic places. While at this twelve-acre estate to view the art exhibitions, be sure to tour this beautiful Italianate-style villa and surrounding gardens. Stay close to this historic villa, as a guest of one of the local Best Western hotels and enjoy your time in the Austin.
Established in 1960, the Austin Nature & Science Center (ANSC) is a collection of hands-on nature exhibits and educational programs. Set on the banks of the Colorado River, ANSC is located in Austin’s Zilker Park.
ANSC activities include wildlife exhibits and the Dino Pit – both offering better ways to explore outdoor Texas in Hill Country. Don’t miss the Naturalist Workshop and Trade Counter and Beverly S. Sheffield Education Center during your time at ANSC.
The oldest pool in Texas, Deep Eddy Pool is a public swimming pool built in 1915 and set in Austin. Operated by the City of Austin since 1935, Deep Eddy Pool is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and is considered a historic landmark in Texas Hill Country.
Open daily, Deep Eddy Pool is not chlorinated, but is fed with water from a 35-foot hand-dug well. The pool also features a historic, Depression-era bathhouse, a permanent, wildlife science exhibit, and a nearby playground.
Those enduring the hot summers in the Hill Country of Texas, have a wonderful respite for the heat. The Hamilton Pool Nature Preserve features a canyon, a collapsed grotto and fifty-foot waterfall, flowing from the Hamilton Creek. This historic swimming hole, formed from water erosion, dates back to 8,000 years ago, from the cultural remains found in the area. It became a popular swimming hole in the 1960s and continued through the late 1970s.
By 1980, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department named it the "most significant natural area in rural Travis County". This preserve is included in the 30,428-acre Balcones Canyonlands Preserve area. Through restoration, the vegetation is starting to grow back. Whether swimming in the cool water or hiking along the park trails, there is plenty of outdoor fun to be had, in the Austin area. Kick up your feet after a day of fun in the park, in a Best Western guest room and enjoy the comfortable accommodations and excellent guest services.
South central Texas residents and visitors looking for a nice place to relax, have a great option. Hippie Hollow Park, nestled along the shoreline of Lake Travis, encompasses on just over one hundred acres of land northwest of Austin. Swimming, boating, sunbathing and picnicking are popular activities in this beautiful park. This clothing-optional park is a wonderful respite away from the busy city of Austin.
Bird-watchers also have a fun time spying the endangered Golden-cheeked Warbler and the Black-capped Vireo birds that live in the park. Bring along comfortable shoes for a nice walk around the lake on the marked trails and make the most of your time outside. After a fun day outside, kick up your heels for a peaceful night's rest with Best Western hotels.
Set 20 miles southwest of downtown, Jester King Craft Brewery is set in Austin in stunning Texas Hill Country. Jester King offers everything from tours and tasting rooms to food and live music. Several craft beers are available throughout the year, including Le Petit Prince Farmhouse Table Beer, Noble King Hoppy Farmhouse Ale, Wytchmaker Farmhouse Rye India Pale Ale.
Tours and tastings are available every Saturday, while Jester King Craft beers are available in San Antonio, Dallas, Fort Worth and Houston, and most places in between. Enjoy your time at the Jester King Craft Brewery, and your night at a Best Western hotel in Austin.
The hill country area of Austin Texas, is home to one of the thirteen presidential libraries in the United States, administered by the National Archives and Records Administration. In 1971, the Lyndon Baines Johnson Library & Museum was dedicated by former President Johnson on a thirty-acre site, next to the University of Texas at Austin. Former President Richard Nixon was in attendance at the dedication.
Stroll through this impressive library and museum, to view the historical documents totaling forty-five million pages, from former President Johnson's career. These documents, along with the items in the cultural and historical exhibits, are preserved for research. Before leaving the museum, browse the selection of items including clothing, books, gift items, videos and jewelry in the museum's Gift Store. Schedule plenty of time in the Austin area, to learn more about American History. Best Western hotels provides comfortable lodging and excellent guest services in Texas.
The South By Southwest Music Conference and Festival is an annual event at the Austin Convention Center in Austin. Over the years, the increased interest in film and high-tech companies influenced the festival, adding additional components to the mix. More than 30,000 registrants are expected to attend the Film and Interactive Events. The four-day Trade Show gives visitors an opportunity to meet and talk to leaders in the Music, Interactive and Film industries.
The Block Party and SXsaloon are perfect venues to network and have fun at the same time. Check out the Next Stage, where panelists, comedians, musicians and filmmakers show a sample of what's to expect during SXSWeek. Schedule plenty of time to attend the variety of events in this premier Austin event. Stay close to the action as a guest of one of the local Best Western hotels and enjoy your visit.
Known as the biggest little distillery in Texas, the Spirit of Texas Distillery is set in Pflugerville, a suburb of Austin in Texas Hill Country. Created by three friends, Spirit of Texas came to life with its first release, Pecan Street Rum – later followed by Spirit of Texas Rum.
This 2,700-square-foot distillery is a 260-gallon still, and can produce roughly 500 cases a month. Spirit of Texas’ first-born – Pecan Street Rum – is found throughout Texas, as are Best Western hotels near Pflugerville’s first distillery.
The State Capitol Complex in downtown Austin, is home to the 19th-century Renaissance Revival style Capitol building. Completed in 1888, the beautiful Capitol building is the largest of all the state capitols in square footage. Enjoy walking the grounds' 22-acres to view the seventeen monuments.
During your visit to the Capitol, schedule time to stroll through the Capitol Visitors Center, housed in the 1857 General Land Office Building. It remains the oldest state building in Texas. Enjoy a self-guided tour of the Visitors Center. While in Hill Country, stay close to the city attractions in a comfortable Best Western guest room.
Spanning 128 acres, the recently renovated Travis County Exposition Center is located in northeastern Austin near Decker Lake. Found in the Hill Country of Texas, the center features facilities like Luedecke Arena, the Skyline Club, the Show Barn, and the Banquet Hall.
The Travis County Exposition Center may be best known for hosting the annual Star of Texas Fair & Rodeo. The center also hosts a multitude of car shows, concerts, arts & crafts shows, and formal award ceremonies.
The flagship state university, the University of Texas was established in 1883, and is located in Austin. With award winning sports programs, highly recognized faculty, and a close proximity to nearby cities like Cedar Park, and Buda, UT is boasts one of the largest enrollments in Texas. UT features an expansive campus, with multiple colleges, libraries and even the Lyndon B. Johnson Library and Museum.
Recognized as "America's Best Sports College" by Sports Illustrated in 2002, UT features an array of highly touted sports programs, with football being the driving force. The Longhorns are an institution within the world of college football, dominating the Big 12 Conference throughout the 2000s. In the fall, Austin area visitors head to Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium for exciting college football games.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 3.00 mile(s) from LBJ Library
- 3.00 mile(s) from Elisabeth Ney Museum
- 4.00 mile(s) from Texas State Capitol
- 4.00 mile(s) from Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum
- 4.00 mile(s) from IMAX® Theatre
- 4.00 mile(s) from Austin Visitor's Center
- 4.00 mile(s) from Bat Colony on the Congress Avenue Bridge
- 4.00 mile(s) from French Legation Museum
- 5.00 mile(s) from Sixth Street night time entertainment
- 5.00 mile(s) from Coliseum
- 5.00 mile(s) from Austin Children's Museum
- 8.00 mile(s) from Zilker Park
- 8.00 mile(s) from Zilker Gardens
- 8.00 mile(s) from Barton Springs
- 8.00 mile(s) from Austin Nature Center
- 10.00 mile(s) from George Washington Carver Museum
- 12.00 mile(s) from Mount Bonnell
- 12.00 mile(s) from Laguna Gloria Museum
- 13.00 mile(s) from Lady Bird Johnson National Wildlife Research Center
- 2.00 mile(s) from Domain Shopping Mall
- 4.50 mile(s) from Arboretum Shopping Center
- 8.00 mile(s) from Barton Creek Mall
- 11.00 mile(s) from Lakeline Mall
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 11.00 mile(s) from Cedar Park
- 15.00 mile(s) from Round Rock
- 30.00 mile(s) from Elgin
- 35.00 mile(s) from Georgetown
- 80.00 mile(s) from Fiesta
- 1.00 mile(s) from Texas Department of Transportation
- 2.00 mile(s) from Texas Department of Public Safety
- 2.00 mile(s) from Dell Computers, Manufacturing
- 2.00 mile(s) from Texas Exposition Center
- 3.50 mile(s) from Seton Hospital
- 4.00 mile(s) from IBM
- 4.00 mile(s) from St. David's Hospital
- 4.00 mile(s) from Austin Convention Center
- 5.00 mile(s) from Siemens
- 8.00 mile(s) from 3M Corporation
- 8.00 mile(s) from Motorola
- 8.00 mile(s) from Tivoli, Inc.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Dell Computers, Round Rock, Texas
- 3.00 mile(s) from Concordia Lutheran College
- 4.00 mile(s) from University of Texas
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 5.00 mile(s) from Town Lake
- 7.00 mile(s) from golf course
- 80.00 mile(s) from San Antonio Riverwalk great zoo
- Adjacent to Burger Tex, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- Adjacent to Red Lobster, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.30 mile(s) from AppleBee's, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.30 mile(s) from Buffalo Wild Wings, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 7604 North Interstate 35 Frontage Rd., Austin, TX 78753 512-323-9061
- 0.80 mile(s) from Casa Chapala, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, 3010 West Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78757 512-459-4242
- 0.90 mile(s) from Din Ho Chinese Bistro, full service, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner, 8557 Research Blvd #116, Austin, TX 78758 512-832-8788
- 0.90 mile(s) from D K Sushi Restaurant, full service, Japanese, open for: breakfast, lunch, 5610 N Lamar Blvd., Austin, TX 78751 512-302-1090
- 2.50 mile(s) from Texas Land & Cattle, full service, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner, 6007 North IH 35, Austin, TX 78723 512-451-6555
- 3.00 mile(s) from Sarovar Indian Restaurant, bar/lounge, Indian, open for: lunch, dinner, 8440 Burnet Road #100, Austin, TX 78757 512-454-8636
- 1.50 mile(s) from Little Deli, deli, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, 7101 A Woodrow Ave., Austin, TX 78757 512-467-7402
- 2.50 mile(s) from Olive Garden, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, 8833 Burnet Rd., Austin, TX 78757 512-459-0701
BEST WESTERN Atrium North
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Austin. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
A Christas Story
Topfer Theatre presents a live performance of the classic holiday movie, A Christmas Story, at the ZACH Theatre in Austin. Show times vary each day.
Barton Creek Holiday Lights & Ice
Austin's largest ice skating rink is lit up with holiday lights and filled with holiday tunes. Visitors enjoy skating, games, and more.
The "Blurred Lines" provocateur pays a visit to Austin City Limits Live at the Moody Theater in Austin. The smooth sounds start at 7 p.m.
The EDM star turned pop songstress shakes the walls of Austin Music Hall. The dancing starts at 8 p.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean